Buying Your First Car.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your best off saving ya money and going for a reliable car like a ford falcon or holden commodore. I'm a holden man my self and have a 1998 modded vt but you can pick up falcons for next to nothing, go for a manuel as well, cheaper plus are more fun to drive.

Manuals arent cheaper, they are getting hard to find these days...

but go for the commies or falcons, we got our 1990 VN for 200 bucks, bit rough on the outside, perfect motor all we needed was a fuel pump and water pump, nice interior bodgy RWC no probs lol

Last edited:
haha i hate the sound of autos aswell the just rev like all hell but dont look like there going anywhere lol. im pretty sure my charade does redline changes lol...i dont have a tacho but i hit the rev limiter in seacond a while back (97km/h) and scared the shit out of myself..thougth i broke something lol. and yes thyre are so fun on dirt roads and best of all its not that dangerouse and your doing out in the sticks where no one cares lol.
i had got some new tyres the other day so the day before i did a few stand stills after going to the beach and then did a massive burnout ou the front of my mates place...left a good 20 metre black line!!!woo shoulda seen the smoke pouring out it was like i was peeling a rear wheel drive lol!

I don;t care about any of this drifting shit.

I just want a half powerful reliable car.

VL's worst enemy, RUST, most look like they have been at the bottom of the ocean all there life, Get a VR/VS, Shift kit, LSD 4.11's, extractors, exhaust, decent air intake, and you will rip most 5ltrs out there.

I dunno if the wagons the way to go....and who says you cant get commodore autos sideways?

oh oh oh and you should try and get a staesman or a berlina THEY ARE SO GOD DAMN COMFY

Last edited:
I dunno if the wagons the way to go....and who says you cant get commodore autos sideways?

Commodores dont get sideways at all:) Not unless you have a locked diff or a tight LSD. Single spinners are lame, I don't do burnouts.

well like alot of us have said dont get a 6 or 8 cylinder for your first car, do your research on insurance and rego, look for a light 4 cylinder (better power to weight ratio=faster). and get something made after 1990...stuff before that is starting to show its age...

weld the diff lol...cheap and dodgey job...cant go wrong haha...burnouts are only good when your getting new tyres:p

Do you think its worth spending 20k on a first car?

Daniel40's mum is going to give him 20thousand so he can buy a first car.. I think its fucking stupid IMO. What about you?

Haha really? where at? I only drive it a couple of times a week because I have little money atm and i cant afford to pay defects if I get pulled over lol.

yeh i think it was you, um.. couldnt tell ya where abouts but some time late last week?

i think thats rediculouse...but id take it:p...oh imagine!!! RX7 for me! :)
20k is a bit much to spend on your first car when you have the chance something like 80 times more chance of crashing in than an L plater!!!
id tell my mum the car i bought was 20k and then buy a 10k car and spend the rest on a 250 and some other junk lol!

Commodores dont get sideways at all:) Not unless you have a locked diff or a tight LSD. Single spinners are lame, I don't do burnouts.

What car doesnt get sideways in the wet? :|

Maybe its just cause my rears are like less than 10% lol :s

Lol I'm sure it spins, but I'm positive it doesn't kick out sideways unless you have a locked diff or tight LSD :D

My old pos VL was an auto and that did some good burnouts back in the day but I got over it...

alot of 6 cylinder cars arnt that bad on fuel. my beamer goes alright on the good old fuel. she cost me $800 bucks neally a year ago as my 1st car when i was 15 and spent alot of time and effert into getting her back on the road and loved every bit of it. i wasnt looking for a car when i bought it, it was just there and i had to have it. wanted a 323i since i was 11. but yeh dont spend too much money on a car if your gonna flog the shit out of it lol

lol, don't spend a whole lot on a first car, u crash it, u do burn outs, u wreck it and then yeh. for mi car i want a datsun 260! lol, saw one once and thought it looked sweet. and then when im older i wonna get a monaro...but they only have them 2nd hand so a hsv or something, 350Z.
cheers

Latest posts

Back