cables

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hi there ppl,s , well ive got yet another problem no doubt ive brought this one on myself :rolleyes: , i would like to know if it is possible to modify clutch cables or any cables for that matter?? as in can i make the internal length shorter ? i want to shorten my throttle cable and clutch cable all i need to do is figure out how i can make them little knobs on the end?? so i was hoping there are ppl out there that can do this?? theres gotta be theres always a person out there for the job.. :D

I don't know how to shorten them, but I purchased a 1/8th turn throttle and it was nice, it come with a cable and the end was separate, cut to cable to length and then tighten end with a grub screw.
Gotta luv it, made it possible to custom fit it with no free play in the throttle whatsoever.

Any shop that sells cables should also sell the little knobs on the end of the cable. Cable simply goes thru knob then a touch of solder is put on to stick em together. 20c job cost. Simple as. I wouldnt try to fix unless i had new knob things.( cant think what their proper name is). Hope this helps.

Last edited:
here is a pic of the throttle I bought. it is a circuit gasser 1/8 turn throttle and cable kit.
cirgasser8thturn.jpg

looks good

looking good steve.. hey guess what i got banned from that new z50 forum no warning just bamm?? :eek:

Last edited:
Any shop that sells cables should also sell the little knobs on the end of the cable. Cable simply goes thru knob then a touch of solder is put on to stick em together. 20c job cost. Simple as. I wouldnt try to fix unless i had new knob things.( cant think what their proper name is). Hope this helps.

The offical term is widget!

Well thats what I call them anyway;)

Latest posts

Back