Cam Cover Drips Oil When Bike Idles...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I took my cam cover off once and since then, when I start my bike it will drip a little bit of oil. How do I stop this without buying a new cover? Would rubber sealant work?

I took my cam cover off once and since then, when I start my bike it will drip a little bit of oil. How do I stop this without buying a new cover? Would rubber sealant work?

is it a honda style head? (round cover)?
because it may mean you have overtightend the cam cover and have cracked it.. so take it off if you have cracked it then replace it.. if its just a bad gasket then use some gasket sealer and or cut a new one

I know for sure its the gasket. It was like glued on when I took it off to the point where I had to use a screwdriver to get the cover off. Now the gasket is ripped. I tried looking for a gasket for the cam cover but they only sell that gasket with every other gasket. What seal should I use? and its a honda style head btw

Gasket paper is like under 10 bucks for more than youll need for like 10 years, use a blade and make sure you get all the old one off. Next time its stuck, what I do is loosen off the bolt a few turns, put a socket extension or similar on the bolt head and give it a tap, pushes the cover off from the inside and saves chewing out the cover with a screwdriver

Latest posts

Back