can I do something with crf?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire_dream

Reaction score
Hey all sorry for all the questions but i'm new to minis and i know you are all experienced and can answer my problems. anyway the crf50 i bought has a 5ive 0 swing arm with a stock frame. i got my bike back from the shop today and the guy there said my hub(?) is only just sitting in the slot on the swing arm he said it should be in like 10mm but its only in 5 or something its hard for me to understand everything is new to me. so i just want to know if i could put a 12 inch hub rim on the bike or a stock crf70 rear wheel on the bike would this make the hub fit better in the swingarm so i don't have to worry bout it coming off?

Attachments

• Image057.jpg
    Image057.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Image058.jpg
    Image058.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
sounds more like your chain is too long and needs a link removed... i think he means the axle is near the limit of adjustment...not sure really...

just my two cents worth from what youve said

there is a little piece of metal that is welded onto the swingarm and it slides into the hub. it goes into the hub but it does seem big enough, like if you were to pull on the swingarm away from the tyre (like u do on bmxs to get the rim in if its a tight fit) it could fall out of the slot. does anyone know what i mean???

yeah it sounds like the axle.. have you changed a wheel on a dirtbike before?? if you want to change a tire you have to lossen the bolts blah, blah then what you do is you pull that out of the hub(a rod looking thing)<< thats what the thing that looks like its weild on to the swinga ect, i think.

so would a crf70 rear wheel help or should i get a bigger piece of metal welded onto the swingarm

i got it!!!! i think hes referring to the stop for the brake drum!!!!

is it on the brake side of the swingarm?

best core would be a slightly narrower spacer on that side...right hand looking from behind the bike...

centre of the tyre should be in the centre of the swingarm...

and no, changing to another tyre aint going to fix it...

wanna know what would be easyer??? could you get a pick because i can't see what your talking about

sounds like the wheel needs to slide forward a bit more?, its to lock the hub in so it dont spin when braking, is wheel too big to move forward?Maybe the tab on swinger is too big for hub,might hav to grind a bit?
Think a bike shop would be able to sort it out for ya?
KOOKS!!

just need to move the wheel foward abit, mine looked the same like it didnt have much holding on , but it always held up

sorry, to assume makes an ass out of u and me:eek: he is a she, my bad:p

sorry, a typo, i meant cure...

on the axle, there will be a spacer. and what the problem is is that the little tag that slides in to the brake drum there isnt sitting in deep enough. cure, use a narrower spacer so the wheel sits more to that side.

if its a tight fit, ie, you have to force the wheel into the swingarm, it probably has the wrong spacer anyway.

otherwise it might just be the wrong spacer is on the wrong side of the axle? there will be one on the other side as well.
doubt it, cause usually they only fit on one side.

and yep, looking at the pic, you need to take a link off the chain as well... its probably all you have to do really.

just shorten your chain hence wheel will move more to the front!!!

i was more worried that it need to go closer inwards towards the rim than back. it doesn't seem to go in deep enough into the slot or is this normal. i haven't done any of this work myself i just brought the bike and i took it to a bike shop. he told me this is a problem but didn't offer a solution hence i am on this great forum clawing at your brains.

so is it possible to put a 12 inch rear wheel on the crf50 five 0 frame or not??? ifso what will i need to do or buy????

looking at it definantly the chain will fix your problem straight away

it's pretty easy to do there not much of a bike shop if they didn't take a couple of links out of the chain for ya
but you gotta learn my friend otherwise it's gunna cost ya a fortune

welcome to the forums and claw away

:p depends how you use your brakes, but yeah... it needs to sit in deeper, especially if thats an alloy swingarm... it will work fine for now, but after extended usage, maybe not.

take off the wheel and check the spacers against each other,might be just a simple swap em over job,(in that one sides will be 5mm shorter than the other) then fire the mechanic at the bike shop for mentioning it but not fixing it...

then put the claws away, a gentle prod works better and leaves less damage:p

disconnet ya brake rod from the drum brake/hub may also be stopping it from going forward!
And what ever ya do dont take ya bike bac to thats shop they hopless

Latest posts

Back