can i put my carby behind?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer it can be done but you might need diffrent manifold its better forward anyway more air flow just put a unifilter on it and shel be apples

Ive always noticed that my mates agb 29 (with the carb and air filter mounted forwards) sounds like it sucks heaps of air in. When i rev my bike i only hear it a tad but theres is oike a full on sucking noise lol! btw same engines!

same with my old jailing.. its normal i supose?

That noise is induction, doesn't mean shit really. Because your mates bike makes a "sucking" noise doesn't mean its better. Something as simple as a different air filter could influence this.

all internal combustion motors make that sucking sound, should have heard my old corolla! 4agze super charged that thing sucked hard.

facing your filter forwards wont really do much mate, maybe get dirty quicker or cop damage easier.
id say forget it if i were you

It is fine to face the filter backwards, Im going to change mine as well. Because the triple clamps hit the filter on full lock. You might have to put a longer fuel hose on.

Guys you can do this but will run into problems with the top of the carb hitting the base of the fuel tank.

I've done it to mine so it `CAN' be done but not without a lot of mucking around (including re-shaping the bottom of the fuel tank with a heatgun).

Either buy a standard manifold and cut it & re-weld to the desired angle, or use a `carb spinner' manifold adaptor. It WILL take some work to do though, not just a matter of taking out the bolts and turning it around.

I have noticed the filters with a plastic insert to keep it in shape make more of a sucking sound
than others

Latest posts

Back