Can my bike beat a Honda crf 80?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I have an ssr 125sr stock zongshen engine, with a 17t sprocket front and 37 rear, with a uni air filter a 19mm carb, a 1/4 turn throttle, a super coil, and skills with the clutch lol not much but can I beat a stock honda crf 80cc 4 stroke?

haven't you asked this before?
on a track depends what the track and rider, the 125 will be quicker around the track. but if a good rider is on the crf80f and its a really right track the rider can hold it full throttle around the corners then the 80 may win.
in a straight line, the 125 will have more speed.. 125cc 4 stroke vs 80cc 4 stroke..

Last edited:
Hmmm let me see ..... how longs a piece of string ???

No one can answer that mate depends on rider ability and other factors so why don't you go out give it your best shot and you will have your answer soon enough.... Happy dayz

Depends, like me and computers.... Sure the computer can smash me when it comes to Chess (for example) HOWEVER when it comes to Kickboxing, it never fares too well.

Depends, like me and computers.... Sure the computer can smash me when it comes to Chess (for example) HOWEVER when it comes to Kickboxing, it never fares too well.

Touche Timeeh i see your point great example ...

haven't you asked this before?
on a track depends what the track and rider, the 125 will be quicker around the track. but if a good rider is on the crf80f and its a really right track the rider can hold it full throttle around the corners then the 80 may win.
in a straight line, the 125 will have more speed.. 125cc 4 stroke vs 80cc 4 stroke..

NO Ive never asked this because my friend is getting his first 80cc on friday and the reason why I ask is because I looked up the top speed for the 800 4 stroke and people say its 62! I dont believe that

what a gay question.. you could be a total spastic, and your mate is ryan villipoto on the 80cc... Dont you get it?
Just ride man.. if he beats you, you suck and need to practice more and ride harder. same goes for him.
top speed also has to do with gearing, so no point comparing top speeds..

Yeah Justin good example i did try to portray this in an earlier post but in one ear out the other i assume .... stupid post stupid thread ....... i might sound nasty but its the truth . these type of posts are my pet peeve !

honda has nice suspension, and a comfy riding position. plus a race bred engine.

zongshen is just chingineering. heavy lumpy and funny feeling.

do some work to the zonger and it might beat honda... might.

who cares? its two wheels!

bwaap bwaaap bwaaaaaaaaaap...

honda has nice suspension, and a comfy riding position. plus a race bred engine.

zongshen is just chingineering. heavy lumpy and funny feeling.

do some work to the zonger and it might beat honda... might.

who cares? its two wheels!

bwaap bwaaap bwaaaaaaaaaap...

seriously? race bred engine, they have hardly changed the engine since the 70's, round 78 they got a 5 speed box, 86 they switch to a monoshock frame, 92 they got cdi, thats it. As for the suspension, any current pitbike is easily as good. Dont be fooled by the crf's plastics, its no racer, just a play bike and wont last long if ridden at the track.
In saying that, I'm a HUGE xr/crf 80 fan and have had a few over the years, got a 99 xr80 in the garage, so much fun to putt around on with mates and so easy to ride its perfect for letting noobs learn to ride on.

seriously? race bred engine, they have hardly changed the engine since the 70's, round 78 they got a 5 speed box, 86 they switch to a monoshock frame, 92 they got cdi, thats it. As for the suspension, any current pitbike is easily as good. Dont be fooled by the crf's plastics, its no racer, just a play bike and wont last long if ridden at the track.
In saying that, I'm a HUGE xr/crf 80 fan and have had a few over the years, got a 99 xr80 in the garage, so much fun to putt around on with mates and so easy to ride its perfect for letting noobs learn to ride on.

Yeah, infact this is the only race bred machine made to date
7903d1366340604-fotm-entry-april-may-2013-img_0148%5B1%5D.jpg

That race horse spec pipe is the secret to unleash epic max revs to the power of 1 resulting in track domination through the decades of all time ..... It's actually my next mod but finding such a rare specialized pipe of such pure untamed roar grunt isn't easy to come by .....god speed my friend

Sent from my HTC One M7

heaps of factors come in to play rider weight,rider experience, mods done on the bike.. im 6'3 and 100kg im sure most you guys are under 80kg im not sure though but iv always thought a pitbike mainly 140cc and up is faster than crf50,crf80,crf100,ttr125,klx140L there isnt much difference between 125cc and 140cc pretty sure a bored out 125cc be the same as 140cc?

Latest posts

Back