Can You Fit Bigger Wheels on a Pitbike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvage

Reaction score
Yeah can you? like wheels so your bike sits as high as a cr125.. or similar?

how much would a set of wheels be?
and what extra gear would i need?

in theory, yes but why? it wouldnt be the same if you done that.
You would need forks and swingarm to do it, duno about prices but still, why?

ok i was running 10-10 on my old bike with the cradle swing arm changed it to a 12-14 wouldn't have been able to go any bigger then a 12 on the rear

hope it helps

There's a mob near where i live that sell 125 and 140cc pittys with big wheels on them. So i am not sure if they use bigger swing arms and forks but they run 14/17 and sit pretty high at 900mm.

So maybe you could give them a call and see what needs to be done to get the height your after.

The link is Urban X Motos ...............Quad Bikes, Dirt Bikes & Mountain Bikes - Home and the bike i am talking about is the x-moto big wheel

yes it can be done... why though? thats my question, id be down sizing XD
depending on how much of a change you wanted, like if its only a jump or two say from a 10" to a 12" yeh that would probbly bolt straight on but when u start make rapered changes like from a 10" to a 17" or something your gunna have to start changing things like Custom said. swingarm, front fork, and little things to probbly wont fit..

in the end your changing the complete look and feel or your bike and it all comes down to money and how much you want to pay! ;) but stick with 10/10 XD buy 10/10 =)

sweet ok, yeah i was going to buy a bike from a shop. but my parents though the bike was to small. and the guy says "well sell you the bigger wheels"

didnt get told how much though

and the shop was dodgy, we rang them and they said they have finance, got there and they didnt .

some moto shop in capalaba,brisbane.

The bike would look funny if you put bigger rims on it,, thats my thoughts anyway,, ive seen pittys with bigger wheels and to me they look stupid..

im 6'3" and ride a Z50 with 10"wheels, no such thing as too smaller bike:p

yeah im same height, n it doesnt seem to small. but my dad seems to think i look like an ape on a babys tricycle,

and plus he now wants to start riding. but he doesnt wanna buy a bike...scum:rolleyes:

who cares what ya look like on it, its the fun YOU are having on it lol.
My dad went out and got a pitty cause he didnt want to risk droping his BMW on the trails lol

Lol yeah, can i ask how much is a good pair of forks. me and my parents ride, (mum rides zx636) and they seem to think (and wont give in). they think a new pair of forks is $2000..
pretty sure theyd be like 300 or so?

got a price?

depends on what you get and if its new or second hand, i got a complete CR125 frnt end for $6 at the recycle centre here and half a XR 200 (frame, forks, front wheel and swingarm) at another centre for $40:cool:

bargain 6 bux^^ can't get any cheaper. I would be ringing dirt bike wreckers and trying to find a longer fork to fit the clamps. something from a yz80 or something will prob fit

I have a forza 125cc pit bike and want bigger wheels but don't know how big i can go. I have 2.5-10

Hi I have a 110cc stomp pit bike it's got a 14" on front and the back has 10" dose anyone know if I could put 12"on the back with the same swing aram that's on it or do I have to upgrade the swing aram thanks

I think you would be ok what type of swingarm does it have the a style like klx110 or is it straight type
It may be tight for the a style
Just get your measuring tape out and check and you may need to adjust your chain

I have a pitster pro mxr 90 and it sits on 10/10 front and rear and I wanna get bigger tires because when I pop wheelies it pops the it off the beed because the tires are so skinny. So should you recommend going to 14/12 or 17/14 and if I got the 17/14 would I have to get a 15 mm axel for it as well and/change my swing arm it has a a frame swing arm on it right now

Hey dude you need to run rim locks to stop that have a look at a set of better tires the factory ones aren’t really that good any mx tires really doesn’t matter what brand
Kendas probs the cheaper ones but still pretty good and 14/12 would fit too if you wanna a bigger wheels ✌😝

Latest posts

Back