Can you put bigger rims on 125?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiz351

Reaction score
Can you put bigger rims on an Atomik 125?

My son is 14 and 5ft 9 tall and wants his bike bigger, can anyone recomend rim sizes that will fit on an Atomik 125?
As you's know it allready has 12" rear and 14" front and I was thinking of somthing like 16" rear and 18" front. Has anyone tried this before? And if so where I can get them from as ebay don't have anything. Or is there another motorbike out there that there rims will fit it?

Last edited:
i think 12" rear and 14" front is as big as you can go other wise your front wheel rubs the mudgaurd and i think you may run into trouble with axel size's aswell.....im not totally sure but someone will correct me if im wrong.......you could maybe trade it for a pitpro 250 or something......they have larger wheels

Would it be possible to put a 14" on the back so you have a 14"/14" combo ??

If so I wouldn't mind doing it to my MSO.

^^^maybe.....one thing u might find is that the tyre will rub on the swinga where your rear shock mounts

I put a 16 front 14 rear.

the front fits fine on my orion 125. i and finding a slite rub on the rear swing arm tho.
i put the 12 back on the rear and saw how it was with the 16 front 12 back.

it was useless. the best way to go is 14 front 12 back.
if you want your bike bigger how about a longer rear shock i know you can find a longer shock maybe an extra inch or two
that will make a difference.
theres not much point playing with rim sizes on 125's as there just isnt the room to increase the size on the rear with out paying big dolars, for a new longer swing arm the the rim tube tyre axel , disk cog/sprocket etc etc.
hope this helps

:)

KILLER125

Latest posts

Back