Can't get spark.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjbarsted

Reaction score
I am trying to get spark on a friends bike I have put my own plug and coil on it and I know it sparks I just tested it on my own bike. I don't have a spare cdi to try that so I have been trying to get a reading from the stator. I haven't been able to get any readings at all.

So I started looking a little closer BTW this is thetype of stator.

This is the gap it has.

I can't get it any closer it is pushed as close to the cover as I can get it. As it is though I can't even get any current to run through the blue/white wire.

So I started looking on ebay and found this pack with every thing but it's a different stator and cdi so I was wondering if this kit would be a straight swap

But as it is I will have to grind the old one off partially from this little fix by the previous owner

If the kit comes with everything, wiring included, then I don't think it will matter that the stator is different. Most of these things are very generic and usually fit most chinese made pit bikes. It seems that yours is actually missing one of the coil windings. I'm not sure if it's just missing a lighting coil, or if it's more important than that. Could be the source of your lack of spark, right there.

That was the first thing i thought but then after looking on ebay i found a couple with only the one coil so just assumed it is meant to be that way.

The biggest thing i was wondering is if i throw any stator on will the timing for the spark still be the same thats the only thing i dont know about the stators if they are all generic in the timing as well.

Latest posts

Back