Can't Identify Fuel Tank

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Packie

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I bought a fuel tank off eBay secondhand for a project I have, now the listing said it was a CB200 tank but I'm not 100% sure it is and I need a fuel pet tap for it. Can anyone give me a hand identifying what this tank came from?

a9485878-db65-4e1f-8468-2d213347d82d_zpsewglm5aw.jpg

And here's the pet tap thread just in case we need that too

WP_20160923_20_06_07_Pro_zpsbijkmgtk.jpg

I don't know if this was the right place to post this, I didn't really know where else to put it.

All good buddy sorry I missed this thread.

I'm not 100% sure but it definitely looks like a road bike tank not a dirt bike.

All good!

I've been going through every model that I can think of from CB 50 onwards and nothing's matched.
I think I might just measure the thread and buy a Honda fuel tap that fits it, or would it be worth while finding the model it came from to get the absolute correct tap?

All good!

I've been going through every model that I can think of from CB 50 onwards and nothing's matched.
I think I might just measure the thread and buy a Honda fuel tap that fits it, or would it be worth while finding the model it came from to get the absolute correct tap?

You could just measure it or even take it into a Honda shop. They work on road bikes as well so could probably tell you exactly what would fit and may even have one.

That's a way better idea!

This is going on a Postie bike so I hope it still fits in with the Miniriders

Thanks so much for this motorman, probably could have thought of it a while ago but I'm not that bright :)
Saved me a lot of time and anger!

That's a way better idea!

This is going on a Postie bike so I hope it still fits in with the Miniriders

Thanks so much for this motorman, probably could have thought of it a while ago but I'm not that bright :)
Saved me a lot of time and anger!

Probably be the best way so you don't get the wrong one.

No worries at all bud.

We love posties here so keep us in the loop. :thumbup:

Here's a glimpse of how it should look in the very near future!
Just need to weld on some tabs for the tank and seat, fit the Slash Cut exhaust (hopefully with a bit of modding I can keep the bash bar too) lights + indicators and fuel line, tap and filter for the tank
Should be good to go after that.

83d38c35-4bf7-4328-9315-81474b202caa_zps3wpbsjbs.jpg

Is the outlet approx 10mm with fine thread (like 1.00mm ?). Looks like the outlet you get on a z50 tank. Measure it and i will measure a z50 one tonight and check the pitch of the thread with a pitch gauge. If it matches a z50, you can get a brand new TB parts one from Jaimie at Classichonda50s

I went down to a Honda dealer, whilst they couldn't figure out what tank it came from (and one of the guys wanted it too) they found me a tap that fits, I'm getting close to my bobbed/postie sorta thing

Thank you motorman and thanks to you motodevo once again for the input!

Back to square one, apparently my fuel tap I got is living and has all of a sudden become bigger than before and won't fit the tank anymore.
I either get a new tank and sell the one I have or find what bike the tank has come from and get the fuel tap for that
I'm leaning toward the latter because it'll be cheaper in the long run.

But how do I find a tank that not even a Honda dealership could identify?

Latest posts

Back