Cant Tune OKO carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mxrider23

Reaction score
ohh, now i cant tune my 26mm oko caby, it starts but backfires the tiniest bit and cant idle for to long, then when it starts (after i keep restarting it and then it warms up) and i go for a ride it goes fine, as i let go of the throttle it starts to backfire like only once or twice, and it idles fine, ive done my valve clearences, and all my electrics so it cant be that, anyy ideas

i bought the carby from DHZ and on the site it says that it the slow jet is #36 and main is #100

i heard that they put different ones in it though so how do i find out what they are , thanks

it's stamped on the side of the jet, and yea the stock jets are random

alright ill quickly go in the shed and get the jets out of the bike

that should be pretty close, how many turns out is the mixture screw? might be a bit lean on the pilot, if it idles best at more than 2 turns out you'll need a bigger pilot

yeah it might run better with a #k39 pilot.
My 140 is running a #k39, but with a few mods to the engine, so if you're running a 160, as DVDrip mentioned, you may be running a tad lean...
another trick, is to seal the joint where the cables comes out of the top of the carby.... there is a pivoting brass tube that the cable is in... seal that tube with a bit of silicon where it joins the top cap of the carby, as this can allow a bit of air in, which can cause backfiring and a dodgy idle..

^^^^^^ Yeh i did that, i found the problem, it was my cable were it joins and goes inside the throttle, it was turned outwords too much and the pilot screw was also turned to much in, when i realised that it was that i unscrewed the cable piece and the idle went down and the engine died so i put the idle srew in more and it worked like a dream. My bike works the best , but i cant believe that it was the cable that was the problem, im soo dumb.

mate occum's razor catches the best of us... :D

Meaning: Occum's Razor = the most simple explanation, is usually the right one..

especially with bloody OKO's... :D

Latest posts

Back