Car oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch_cats

Reaction score
Im pretty sure ive seen this thread before but i couldnt find it anywhere but ill ask again anyway. Can you use car oil in a pitbike because dumb arse me just bought some thinking it would be fine forgetting about the tranny. Ive already put in but luckily i havent started. Its castrol gtx 2 if that changes anything.

no you shouldn't put car oil into a "pitbike"

Many people have ran car oil successfully.. If she runs good then why not... :thumbup:

car oil is fine as long it is a mineral base and not a full synthetic as they damage the clutches

i think u can as long as its not fully synthetic. i think thats the main thing to watch out for. but dont take my word for it.

but just to be safe i would just drain it out into a container so you can put it in your garage for when your car needs oil. and just buy motor bike oil. then it wont have been a total waste of money,

I would only use it if needed (last resort) and change it asap.

but id rather get the right oil...

Yer it is full mineral but ill probably still change it

we run all our race bikes on car oils and have so for years we have had no dramas with doing it and im talking 250s 85s 150s and thumpsters,i refuse too pay $25 per litre for so called motorcycle race oils,call me stupid if you want but we change the oils every15 hrs and we have never had anything go wrong outside the normal realm of racing repairs

Latest posts

Back