carbie help :D thanks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z50kid

Reaction score
hey guys just got together a new pit bike it was running fairly terrible ( when i got stuck into it, it seemed to drop in and out of power and genrally running shit) so into the motie store she went for a tune. When i picked the bike up the guy said that he had tuned the bike to the best possible with the existing jet needle installed. he said that the one in the carbie is wrong because it doesnt suit the exhuast ( i think, i wasnt really listning) so i took it for another burn and same deal, bike did run marginly better but still fairly shithouse. There is a possibility that it is another problem but i would like to know
firstly: what jet i need
secondlu: where to get it from

and also if anyone can understand what my problem is it would be appreciated greatly.

(the carbie is a 30mm flatside on a yx150cc engine)

G'day Mate, got myself a 125 rr pit pro and it ran fairly good you could hear it breaking down slightly(thought it was the china plug) replaced the plug with NGK/R plug but still did it couldn't even hit 4th gear it was a joke, I played with the fuel screw heaps and i know that it was set right as I had a bit of time to try different setttings, it would go strong one minute then the next piss poor. Got onto PitPro and said they had seen this a bit and were sending me a new carby asap. Wouldn't tell me what the known prob was, but the warranty claim is great with this company. Most decent bike stores should store jets you would think. Goodluck

yer mate they have a ridiculas amount of jets but apperently the 30mm OKO carbie i am running uses keihin jets which i will need to track down myself. The OKO carbies have an absoluteley amazing reputation so im going to try a few jets before going as far as replacement. cheers

hey mate, judging by the look of your bike i would say that it didnt come with an original OKO an is probably a shitty replica replica = scrap metal.

concidering that the bike in my dp was like 2 dollars and my new one is worth well over 2000 id say that i did put a OKO on it.

Latest posts

Back