Carbie Manifold Designs?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtrider

Reaction score
Was looking at making a manifold to fit my mikuni 30mm (Copy).Using 30mm i.d. pipe and flat bar to make the flanges all out of stainless. Thinking of keeping it close to the same design of manifold ive got at the moment, with a gradual 90 degree bend and moving the carbie back a little to get it from over the motor abit. And its all to fit a twin spar frame any ideas on that guys.

good luck mate, sounds like a great idea but i think it will be difficult to get a good bend on the pipe without distorting the id too much throughout the bend, also i have heard that you DONT want a 90 degree bend, the less bend the better as the air doesnt slow down as much as it has less restriction to the engine.

if u mandrel bend it, you wont do any damage. although, cast manifolds thick sidewall to provide some cooling, acting as a heatsink of sorts. that should be considered in your plans.

if your going for more top end power make the tube longer ( works like a tunnel ram) worked a treat on my Z50:p

if u mandrel bend it, you wont do any damage. although, cast manifolds thick sidewall to provide some cooling, acting as a heatsink of sorts. that should be considered in your plans.

copy that ...and don't forgetto match it really to your carb..forsure it is not 30mm;) thick sidewall is also good to make it a slight D shape in diameter:D

I found some prebent stainless pipe that looks like it will do the trick well. Just got to get it in the right size now, should look good when its done.

Latest posts

Back