Carbie Tuning Time

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb110

Reaction score
Ok im having alot of trouble tuning my carbie.. i know theres about a thousands of these around but i wanna know wat screw to twist and how far and all that shazz for my carbie...

atm ive failed dismally with trying to tune it, it was running ok for abit but today it kinda spat the biscuit so i wondering, ok wat do i need to do and wat am i doing wrong with tuning her.

my main probblem is really it spits and misses alot when in higher up in the rev range (and im pritty dam surly its my carbie thats the problem) maybe i need to change my main jet? i dont know, dont know much about carbies... it says on the main jets 87.5? could this be the size? do i need to change it? surly ppl round here run like 108 jets or something i dunno??

atm ive tryed twist wat i think is the air screw or the mixture screw or something, out and then all the way in and then 2 turns out and it hasnt made heaps of differnce?? i dunno?? this is the screw im talking about:
100_1493-1.jpg

here are a couple or other pics of my carbie if it helps?:
100_1487.jpg

100_1486.jpg

100_1484.jpg

cheers guys =) any help here would be appreciated =D

so how much differnce would that make you rkn? do u rkn that could be my probblem?

rito might try one of them then... then still how do i go about propperly tuning her

You got the same carb as me on my 110cc, I run a 105 main jet, 22,5 pilot jet, and the airscrew 1,5 turns out, and the needle in the middle clip, this works well on my bike in my climate, the screw you are pointing out is the air screw, turn it all the way in, DONT FORCE IT! then turn it 1,5 turns out, this should give you a good base for further tuning. (please correct me if Im wrong people)

Last edited:
alright sweet thanks man =) yeh well ive got a 87.5 main and a 17.5 piolet...
its runs fine in low revs so ill stick with that but yeh ill try a 105 or a 100 =D
yeh someone said 2 turns out but ill try 1 and a half this time =D cheers

im off 2 bed for the nite but keep the suggestion rolling please =D

you could also check the gap on the sparkplug, if its to big or to small a gap, the bike will misfire and sputter at higher revs, this has happend to me a few times. but replace the main jet before you start messing with any other jets, I don't think the needle clip-position is the source of your problems, it might help a little moving the needle, but start with the main jet and the air-screw.
Drop me a line and tell me how it goes when you have re-jetted, I'd like to know if any advice I give helps.

Last edited:
Do first a plug read with a NEW Plug!!! Then you know ,if you are too rich ore to lean !I wouldn´t go above 100# on main so !

yeh wats does the neadle position actionally do?
yeh i was thinking about the spark plug ive only got a stock cheepo one? maybe ill try putting something like and NGK plug in it...

Do first a plug read with a NEW Plug!!!
WTF wats that? just get a new plug? =P

also if im gunna move sizes in my main jet is it wise to just jump from a 87.5 straight up to something like a 100? surly i try something in the middle?
thanks guys

WTF wats that? just get a new plug? =P

Put in your new plug.
Go as fast as you possibly can (prefferebly a little bit of a hill).
When you are going as fast as possible turn the bike off.

Go check the colour of the plug.

yeh wats does the neadle position actionally do?

Needle affects the 1/8 to 3/4 throttle range , if its running fine and not lagging... dont touch the needle, also only change one thing at a time on a carbi, that way you know whats doing what. or if its made it better or not.

so go as fast as i can and turn the bike off and check the plug =P
i assume will im not still moving ;)
alright ill leave the needle where it is then =)

yeh rito so when its hot and running ill check the plug ;)=)

alright got a new plug.. and a 95 for my jet..
its just like the top bit for the needle tho... like the big that screws into th top, will it do the same job?

alright got a new plug.. and a 95 for my jet..
its just like the top bit for the needle tho... like the big that screws into th top, will it do the same job?

You gotta take the plug out to check it. You'll be looking at the end which makes the spark and looking for a nice brown color, if its white its too lean , if its black its rich (you can work on making it brown or not bother and be happy with rich)

yeh i know how to check my spark plug =P haha
yeh its abit black but there is a brown tinge to it so its running about right if anything a tad rich...

well if you have a look at your main jet the are two parts to it.. you can actiolly unscrew the top of it out and thats the new bit that i got being the 95 the top bit..
the jet being two parts, ive been told it will be fine to just change the top thingie

anyone have any clue wat im talking about or do i need photos to explain?? =P

Latest posts

Back