Carby Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the man

Reaction score
I recently bought a DHZ 125cc off ebay ( i think on his website it is called a D-Pro 125cc) and i am having trouble setting the idle right on the engine, and also i am having a problem with full throttle as when i go about from 3/4 then to full throttle the bike cuts out and coughs and splutters till i roll off the throttle and then it runs smoothly again.

I have read the manual that comes with the bike but it seems as it is a different model then the one i bought. The screw on the bottom of the carbie on the left hand side is the air screw i take? and there is 2 screws on the right hand side of the carbie when you are sitting on it?

I was jsut wondering what the best set up for the carbie would be right for it, and would this help my full throttle problem?

sorry i can't help you dude but i kinda have the same problem with my 140lifan i know its a carbie off a 125ducar but i just can't get it to idle! i try the choke on and off no diff?

The idle screw is on the exhaust side of the carbie (well it should be) and it is a philips head screw

Thanks for your help so far, so the phillips head on the right hand side is the idle screw and the one on the left underneath the carbie would be the air/mixture screw?

Any ideas whether this would cause the bike to cut out and cough at full throttle?

I know its called a 25mm Racing Carburetor, (possibly Mikuni? Haven't seen my bike in a couploe of days not not quite sure)

Any rough ideas on what setting i should start on? ( how many turns etc)

Thanks heaps

Yeah i have tried both ways with the choke and yes i have rolled on the throttle and put it on hard and it does exactly the same thing. Yes i do warm the bike up before i gun it

Last edited:
coughing could occur because there is restriction in the fuel flow or you have a blocked carbie, check the tank, fuel lines, fuel filter and pull the carbie out and give it a clean (use compressed air to plow through each of the jets/ports etc)

Its all good, now the bike is running smoothly, i cleaned out the tank, fuel lines, the jets in the carbie and the fuel filter and it is running perfectly now, thanks for all the help guys

Latest posts

Back