carby help???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhz140cc

Reaction score
BEFORE YOU READ THIS YOU WONT BE ABLE TO HELP ME UNLESS YOU KNOW THE INSIDES OF A CARBY!!

ok i took my carby apart as i do after every couple rides.. cleaned it... ect... and then put it back together.. all good and well.. then the next day i looked at it and there was petrol all over it. obvyously it was a leak. i took it off my manifold once again and opend it up to find the rubber seel between the carby bowl and the other half was crooked,causing the rubber to pinch when i screwd it together,causing my rubber seal to break:( do places sell the rubber seal between the bowl and the other half!>!?!? im kinda worried ill have to buy a brand new one :s

HELPP! thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing, need a seal that actually fit's my carby, whoever assembled my carby must've been really drunk cuz the seal is for a larger size carby and it's bitch to get it to sit in place.

Is your's a mikuni carby? do you know what size?

sorry mate to be honest i couldnt tell ya.. but yer it was a little bastard to get to sit in place so i just screwed it on hoping it would work haha... im just hoping we can buy some rubbers to fit tht size.. if not ill silcone glue it but then i wont ever be able to pull it apart again haha..

get really desperate and try silicone?but if you do, be really neat cause itll clog your jets if it does get in the bowl. loctite gasket maker would be better cause it doesnt go hard like silicone

um.....im sure honda etc would do them, but not so sure on the chinas... never needed one, so... you copuld always email dhz or someone like that...

even try cutting one out of cardboard? its cheap:)

cardbourd.. it would leak strait through lol.. not to sure what im going to do to be honest.. any1 got any other suggestions?

Where are you from. Dragon motos, import place next door, and 50's HQ on coast sell gasket spares.

sorry to be the beare of bad news but i too have broken this seal and no they do not sell this seal, best bet is to get a match or a lighter and try to melt both the ends and stick it back togther

hey! cardboard is da shit!:mad:

in sydney, you got dhz in villawood, some pit bike place in casulla on the hume hwy, and recreational imports and motoxspares in castle hill... all i know of so far.

Try you local bike shops for gasket paper then and trace a template and cut it.

Otherwise a new carby is only bout 45 bucks on ebay :)

Try you local bike shops for gasket paper then and trace a template and cut it.

Otherwise a new carby is only bout 45 bucks on ebay :)

grrr this is so annoying that its so easy to snap yet no one sells it:(!!!

have you guy's ever taken a carby apart? you can't use paper or cardboard, it's like a rubber o-ring just not in an o shape, it goes between the bowl and the carby to keep the fuel from leaking out.
there's gotta be somewhere that sells replacement seals for mikuni carby's?
when I could be bothered I'm gonna try to contact mikuni and see if they'll be ale to send me one

yer lol.. dvd rip is 100 perect correct whoever said use cardboad lol.. yer man i think i might just end up siliconing it haha.. what you reacon?

I wouldn't do that, if I was desperate I'd find a rubber band of similar thickness to the seal and just melt it into shape, it'd be just like the real thing only really hard to make lol

hey thats actually not a bad idea... i still have the original seal but its in 2 peices so i could probably use a light glue and stick it down.. what you rekon??

if you still got it the melt the ends tht are broken and melt it back togther i did that on mine and it works good, and yeah dont use silicon as petrol will eat away at it, rubber is bout the only thing you can use, dont try gasket glue or anything either to hold it in place or anything

yea it could work but glue doesn't tend to like fuel, better off trying to melt it carefully with a blowtorch and stick it back together, but then the slightest stuffup and the seals toast, you should practise with some o-rings first

:eek: no ive never pulled a carby apart caause, being telekinetic, i can merely remove the jets by thinking about it, and then transfer them through the alloy float bowl...and i can also fix the old brass floats in much the same way:p actually, i just think about changing my jetting and the things enlargen or contract as desired...my wish is my command.... wtf do you think?

hey, i only suggest cardboard for a gasket cause its whats they used many years ago...even in rolls royces. and it works.and its cheap. and its great for emergencies...and hang on...arent the case gaskets all made from cardboard?(gasket paper, i know...its still cardboard:p) its only advice, to get you out of a bind....sheesh.

i think youll find trying to melt the original one will result in a black mess:p rubber burns, it doesnt melt...

yeh well a paper/carboard gasket could work i guess but I like things to how they were intended so I'd wanna have a rubber seal.
And yea rubber does burn nicely but in my teen years I had allot of experience making bongs out of plastic bottles and bits of rubber hose and I can tell you that it is very meltable and easy to join to other bits of rubber if done right. ( and yea I know rubber hose is toxic lol)

Latest posts

Back