Carby hitting frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worm

Reaction score
I have recently been building a tard.... with alot of headaches, but its been great fun along the way.
I have run into a problem and im not sure which would be the best way to go around it.

The problem is:

Carby hitting the frame. When I move the carby so it doesnt hit the rame the top (accelerator cable) hits the petrol tank.

Solution:

1: 360 adapter and poke the carby out the front (as seen in pic)

2: Raise the petrol tank (which MAY interfere with something else I dont know about yet)

Has anyone else had this problem? How do the likes of pitpro and DHZ bikes get around this? I am using the same (as fas as I know) Lifan 125cc black motor

dsc00625zi5.jpg

dsc00626fn4.jpg

dsc00627fq1.jpg

looks weird with the carby facing that way. if you have high rise bars or tapers. seven eigths. it shouldnt affect anything if you raise the tank. Thing is that all ur plastics and shit wont go on properly and will probs give u a lot of headaches.seat wont sit properly on frame. cant have front plastics or have to mould ur own.thats what im would think is the worst that could happen

try slotting the holes in the manifold so the carby can move out a little but the cable still clears the tank

try slotting the holes in the manifold so the carby can move out a little but the cable still clears the tank

Or weld them up and re drill them to give the correct clearance.

You can buy an adaptor which could also help.

I couldnt imagine having a crash with the carby pointing out the front would be good either... and yes it looks crap.
Im sure someone has one of these frames with a lifan and probably a OKO 26mm carb too... can u dash out and have a look and see if it touches the frame and if not possibly why not? My bike setup isnt different to any other pitpro, DHZ bike i would think

cheers
Lee

mine just clears, but if i was you i would slot the holes a little so it can rotate about 3-5 degrees that should fix the problem, not a big job to do either

Thats a great idea!, why didnt I think of that *slaps head*

I will slot the holes and make up a gasket with gasket paper. Sorted. Cheers guys (tubes380) :)

getting there worm
I notice the nice addition of those very purdy forks.

Btw with my Pitpro 140XR to fit a 26mm OKO I had to run a shorter manifold to get it to clear.

Latest posts

Back