Carby prob need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sik-pj

Reaction score
South Morang Pit Bike Track In The Space Ship
hi guys

with my bros atomik avenger u try to start it and it will just not start and when i rev it a bit it will back fire and still wont start. but when i drain the carby i turn fuel on for 3mins max kick start it and it starts why do i have to keep draining it for it to start???

whats the problem???
it also has no compresion i can push the kickleaver down with my hand

thanks hope someone can help

Last edited:
well from what i know when a engine back fires its cause the timming is off or its running rich i had the same prob with my pb i just leaned it up by the adjuster screw on the carb, but mine wouldnt start even if i cleaned out the carb so i dont know if its the same type of problem
oh an no compression is never a good sign my guess maybe the ring shat its self

You shouldnt be able to kick the thing over with your hand thats for sure...

Motors are simple things ... Fuel, Air and Spark. No compression is a big issue id sort that out first, check for Air leaks on the inlet mainfold, is the spark plug done up ? or maybe a bent valve ?

The fuel draining thing sound like theres shit in the carbi ... open it up and clean it out... Alot of the ebay bikes seem to have plastic left in the tank after the holes have been drilled for the fuel tap.. Clean the tank out aswell..

when you clean out the carby if it is just a fuel problem which i dout because of the no compression make sure when your cleaning out the carby unscrew the jets an give them a good clean

this is only a possibility, were not saying it is the valve as it may not be but its always a possibility. check everything else first, loose spark plug, inlet manifold etc etc.... make sure its all niped up tight and not letting too much air into the motor. also check your float when you clean the craby, just make sure its all how it should be.. if you check all this and still have no success then its time to start pulling the engine down and finding out whats wrong.

Cheers, Tony.

iv seen sets of rings for the ducar motor on the net for $80 but you get a pack of 5 i havnt had a look at mine yet but gessing they only need 1 and i wouldnt worry about the bent valve idea cause it would not run at all it would just backfire as soon as it tryed to start you wouldnt actualy get it to run

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back