carby question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigd

Reaction score
Hi
Just looking at my carb and realised the little plastic washer that sits underneath the needle clip in my carb is missing could this be the cause of my bike bogging down with the slightest amount of throttle ?
I tbasicly means my needle has had a few millimeters of free play, vertically

yea that will cause your bike to run like crap, what kind of carby?

a fakuni
shit cant believe my bikes been running crap for so long cos of that little peice of poo washer
Ive tried the mxture screw, checking vacuum leaks, new jets, valve clearances.
cant wait to fix it tommorow
Cheers Dvd

Last edited:
Any way i can get one of these washers or can i make one some how ?
or do i need to buy a whole new carby?

yea I've done the same thing before, took me ages to find the problem

what kind of carby is it a cheapo mikuni? making one up would be easy or you could try local pitbike shops they'll have some dead carbys they can pull parts from.
but they're crap carbys you're best option is to upgrade

so did you lose that washer aswell or was it just a persistant problem that turned out to be somthin miniscule you had missed ?

its a cheapo was thinkin of an upgrade wasnt sure what to go for on my 1p54fmi lifan 125cc
was thinkin oko 26mm flatslide
would that be too big for a 125cc ?

yea go 24mm flatslide, akunar have them.
I guess the right sized washer would do the job for now

yea the needle was loose in the slide, would idle fine but as soon as you take off would just splutter and bog down, took 2 days and 20 test rides before I found the problem

dude my bikes been like this for 8 months, i feel like a dick but im so releived it was somthin i can fix easily

BigD let us know if the addition of the washer fixes the issue...
For a 125 motor, i'd try and find a 22mm OKO Flatslide... small diameter should assist bottom end power, and the nature of the flatslide should make it rip up top. :D

cheers, will do
i'll give it a go this arvo and post the results
thanks for the advide guys id be lost without it

the results are in
and its all good with a bit of tweaking of the mixture and idle it was running really well
and then!!!!!
I hear it . ffs a damn tapping noise like metal on metal
wtf do i do now ?
you guys a gonna tell me to take the head off now arent ya ?
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

take the spacer out then, and start it up

wat ever you did, jst undo that

and 22mm oko?? where they are they? i only seen 21mm and 24mm

Last edited:
ha ok, and do the valves again, my mate had a rly loud banging noise, where he though the piston was hitting the valve,,, pulled head off and didnt c any thing un-normal, put head back on and did valves and then ran fine

oops. yes. 21mm. direct all allegations of misappropriation to my lawyer. ;)

Latest posts

Back