Carby Trouble

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goneriding001

Reaction score
Gday all just bought a new bse 140 with mikuni carb when i filled her with petrol and turned the fuel tap on within 20 seconds petrol started to pour out the bottom hose.

bottom screw is all the way in.
tried different screw same thing happend.
i blocked the hose then the carby flooded and petrol came out of top hose and air filter.

i took her for a quick spin anyway (couldnt resist) at low speed petrol still comes out but at high speed it stops then come to a stop and within 10-15 seconds it start again.

turn the fuel tap off and it just emptys carby then stops.
checked float seems fine to me (but im no expert).

any and all advice will be appreciated thanks.

More than likely you have a sticky or dirty needle and seat in the carby.
Dismantle and clean the carby have a careful look at the tapered rubber sealing tip on the needle,re-assemble and connect it all up to the fuel line again and see what happens.
If it still has the same problem I dont advise you to mess with the float setting tab as this can easily cause all sorts of problems.

Cheers Brian

just put on a different carby problem solved (great) but now i have a new bike with seconhand carby(not ideal) off my atomik now she has no carby(not so great) but at least i get to ride tomorrow (awesome) but my original problem still stands my new carby dont work properly please help me....

Its a problem with your float or needle and seat. do as maylands said and check / clean it.

Latest posts

Back