carby upgrade??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICCOLO

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering what sort of power increase you would expect from a bigger carby or if a different brand carbs are better than others i would love some info from people who have done this and also changing to a bigger exhaust is it going to give you more power??

ive only heard that it will take away power down low, even on a 140.

better to make sure the carby is jetted properly than to replace it

i am disagreeing with you NinetySix ,
to gain power on an engine you have to take out restrictions on the motor , for one
letting it breathe better , bigger carby and filter ,
An exhaust will let it get rid of exhaust quicker ,

and an IRK will let it rev quicker due to having a lighter weight to push around.

i know for a fact as i have dont the 1st 2 mods on my XR80 it increases it alot

aswell as my bro (dabomb) doing the same has realy opened up his motor.

A 26mm Mikuni is the biggest carb you'd want on a 125-140cc. If you have a 110cc stick with a 22mm. And make sure its jetted right. A stock exhaust is fine on a 110-125cc with no mods but when you go to a big bore an aftermarket exhaust is necessary as i noticed once changing mine.

i was only talking about the carby, and there is definately such thing as having too big a carby. a smaller diameter intake will keep the air moving at a higher velocity, and if it can still easily deliver enough fuel then there is no need to change it... true i have not tried a 30mm carby on a 125-140 china motor, but i have not heard anything good about them yet

mjc85 im sure you will have some info for me i am looking at getting the motovert pro with the outlaw motor did you notice a difference when you put the bigger exhaust on?? i will pm you soon with some more ??? hope you dont mine me picking your brain

Latest posts

Back