Carrying bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitty_bad

Reaction score
Going to chuck the trailer on the back of the car and go pick my new bike up this weekend. Just wondering the best way to trailer it without it falling off etc. Ie- wats the best way to have it, straight or on an angle? i have some of those rope/rathet tie down things should i use them ? also how do i secure the wheels. last thing i wanna do is have my new bike fall of the back of the trailer

yeah what thrashy said just put it straight in and put the tie downs fron each side of the handle bars to the front corners of the trail and put a rope over the back tire so it doesnt flop around

Yeah And Don't Rachett The Fuckery Outta It It Either ..you'll Pop Your Fork Seals .

like all the guys have said, tie downs from the bars to the frame of the trailer. for extra security throw the bike into gear to stop it from rolling around if there is any slack at all on those front tie downs and if needed tie the back wheel down as well. are you getting a motorbike trailer of just your stock 6X4.

Cheers, Tony.

yeh click it into gear like bones sed..
i make that mistake 1s and it rolled back fell over goin down the highway :( wasnt happy

bike on an angle in trailer tie down from each bar & x1 tie down to hold the swing arm into the side of trail to stop any jump around

ah sweet thanks guys. i was going to do something like that but wouldnt have gone from the bars. and yeah its just a 6x4 trailer. 6months old and picked it up for $300 of a mate who was trying to get rid of it. Out of curiosity whats a motorbike trailer go for?

i picked my old bike trailer up for 600
had 3 bike slots jerry can holders and toolbox on the front

well unless its getting built, they usualy come in a box/crate! but as said above get a set off tie downs, and do not compress the forks anymore than what you could when pushing down

well even though i got the trailer i thought it might be easier to have a ute so im selling the skyline, but keeping my prado. Going to get a rodeo extra cab, get an xr6t engine in, some nice big rims, get it sprayed and airbagged instead. Going to do the whole mini truck thing. Dhould be interesting once completed

yeah will do. will prob take a few months to be completed though as i have to source parts etc and then a suitable warehouse to do the work for me. Still hella uncertain about colour of spray to, at the moment im thinking a lambo burnt orange. dont wanna go down the whole white/balck/green/blue raod been done to death

just a question to everyone where can you buy bike trailers from. me an my bro have thumpers an want a small bike trailer. dad was gonna buy a 6x4 but if we can get a bike trailer that would be better, Where do we go to get one

well even though i got the trailer i thought it might be easier to have a ute so im selling the skyline, but keeping my prado. Going to get a rodeo extra cab, get an xr6t engine in, some nice big rims, get it sprayed and airbagged instead. Going to do the whole mini truck thing. Dhould be interesting once completed

for starters dude it`s sacrilege to mix holden and ford parts but i think u would have trouble fitting it as the ford 6 will prolly be too long, that`s why most ppl chuck the v6`s or small v8`s in these things. the xr6t is a killer motor though with loads of potential. there is a local one here doing 430kw at the wheels and will be pushing 500 soon but is pretty modified. if u wanted to do something different (burnt orange) why dont u twin turbo a v6?? either way tho ur lookin at 20 grand minimum on top of the price of the vehicle... and u still only got a holden:p

hahaha, holdens rule man. tell me, out of the ford/holden Ute range which has the fastest land speed record??? OOOHHH its a HOLDEN :p

sounds like she is going to be beasty when its all done man. one thing i found a little odd was you saying you own a skyline and then it came to me. does your skyline have a toebar??? i think they would look so odd with one.

anyway ha, when you have your project completed put some pictures up man, were all keen to see the beast when its all done.

Cheers, Tony.

Jackliveshere - i totally know what you mean, there is sure to be some engine fitting problems with custom mounts etc needing to be made up. The other problem is trying to source an xr6t engine here in the west for a reasonable price. The only one i have found so far the guy wanted 9 grand which is a joke as ive seen em go for between 5-7k in the eastern states. If the size is going to be an issue, which the workshop i have been chatting to also thinks may be an issue i may go down the skyline rb25/26 road. We'll just see what happens but i want it on the road by mid-late jan so i guess its just whatever pops up first. a cheaper option again would be an sr20det. either way its going to have a turbo!

Bones- nah skyline doesnt have a towball that would look shit. i have a prado but its going to be alot easier to have a ute and heaps more fun to do it up just how i want it. If i can source a rodeo with a good body(no rust,twisting etc) for relatively cheap i shouldnt have a problem keeping this project under 20k to start with. unless i got the xr6t route then im prepared to spend more.

once i get my ass into gear expect to see a build thread

My odl man got a quote to put a 5ltr in his rodeo. 14 grand. they need to change everything gearbox, mounts, engine bays, diff, driveshaft. basicly its a new car except the shell

Latest posts

Back