castrol edge??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1230

Reaction score
hey guys.

just out of curiosity castrol says that there new edge oil will let you engine retain its max horsepower by 45% according to there tests...
Also increase horsepower
how many of you guys use it?
Would it be good in motos? like wouldnt it increase power and then you can stay on the throttle more? less problems?

I'm not 100% sure but that stuff is just a gimic to get you to buy it :)
try some 10w40 good quality oil

No difference in a china air cooled motor. These motors are not fussy when it comes to oils and there will be no power gains from using a different oil.

well i sell castrol oil here at work and the (edge) is a good oil its a synthetic blend.....castrol are forever changing the names of their oils because they are trying to get to a world standard where in any part of the world 1 oil is called the same if you get me :D......i would run for 4 stroke pitties and 250f's....castrol power1 GPS its a semi synthetic 10w-40 and its not to badly priced either.....hope that helps.....peter what year is your bike....if you tell me that i can tell you the best full synthetic or semi synthetic to run in it...castrol brand tho:D

oh it wouldnt be for me.. i have a honda cr125... i use valvoline and castrol in it.. but the edge stuff wouldnt be suitable.. just a suggestion for all u pitty guys

um what i meant was i can tell you the most suitable full synthetic for your bike in castrol brand and i stated above the best castrol to use for pitties the POWER 1 GPS

Castoral Edge is a highly engineered oil and works brilliantly in performance race emgines.

It is however expensive and will not get any vast improvement out of a typical China engine - which for the most part are low compression, low reving and low powered.

A better choice would be Castrol Activ 4T, which is an excellant oil offering:
*Good protection
*Effective heat dissipation
*Low cost
*Non-Synthetic base ideally suited to Chinese engines.

Buying a good cost effective oil and changing it often, is a lot better than spending big bucks on high tech oil and changing less frequently.

At around $34 for 4 litres (from Super Cheap Auto), I change my oil every 5 engine hours. Bike never misses a beat!

Latest posts

Back