cdi

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B

Reaction score
hey all here with another question, im wondering where a cdi goes in these chinese bikes. i donty know where they are. can some1 help me :?

also ive heard good cdi's increase revs dramatically is it true?

on the chinease bikes the cdi is usually situated near the left hand rear plastic side cover, from the back of the bike look under the mudguard, forward a bit, for a little black box, held on by a peice of rubber,
I've heard some good things about aftermarket cdi's, but i don't think they'd help a chinease bike that much, any one else?

ok cool. do you i want to get this one http://www.fully50s.com/images/TB Trail Bikes/TBbluecdi.jpg

ive heard it takes away rev limiter? also do you need to buy a plug for imports?

any reccomendations for a very good cdi best you could get. i want one because they are little, easy to install and give abit of performance. :lol:

and r1rider hows your hitman cdi. did it do much

yes, they take away rev limiter if it aint there already. most bikes only rev to 12k RPM, a aftermarket CDI will get rid of this.

check this one out http://www.adaracing.com/viewitem.php?id=51-250200&maincat=50
i'll be doing an order in a few days, and you are quite welcome to order one of these with me and i will get it shipped to you. $95AUD.
talk to me on MSN if u want one.

i contacted ada racing aus and the ada racing supplier for aus has a shop 10 minutes away from my place, i might as well get it off him. he will contact me asap to give me list of prices, ill give them to you on msn. 8)

i didnt know you could get cdi's on mini dritbikes, can you get them on pocket bikes???

HEy,

my cdi got waterloged or sumhing under me rear gaurds so i had 2 get a new 1. went 2 KTM and they had the Kitaco CDI Unit...The fella there said theres no point because chinese copys DO NOT HAVE REV LIMITERS IN THE UNIT. SO i replaced mine with a just a genuine thumpstar cdi.

cheers

Hey There are no limitter on most again not all most of the chinies dirt bikes.
Keep the OEM they are cheap to replace if they get damaged and do a simillar job as the more expensive units.
The big things are carbys ....$99 mikuni will make your machine a rocket.

All the best
VAdim
Elstar

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B said:
and r1rider hows your hitman cdi. did it do much

i didnt end up buying the hitman cdi coz i didnt think i would need it. revving ur bike to 12k rpm when its a 4 stroke doesnt sound like the best idea in the world to me. with cars there is a reason why you change up a gear when driving instead of revving the guts out of it, i would think the same would apply to a dirt bike coz both are 4 stroke. but if you've got a 2 stroke dirt bikethen go for it :D

btw there might be more involved with the cdi than what i know but this is all i know for now

Latest posts

Back