chain and swingarm problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
I have been havving trouble with my chain hitting y swingarm up near the front sprocket since i got my bike. Fist thing that happened was that the chain completly ripped the protector apart, but that was my fault becasue the chain was too tight as i had just bought it and thought it would stretch quickly. I have upgraded to a 37 tooth sprocket and now, no matter how loose my chain seems to be it digs into the swingarm and you can see where its been digging in as there are like two trentches in it lol! i have put a bit of purspex there but it has chewed that up and its back to the swinarm again. What can i do to make the chain stop grinding through the swingarm. Is there any way to decrease the angle of the swingarm? eg. smaller shock???
cheers!

Put a new propper rubber on the swingarm and see how it goes, they usually wear fairly quick untill the trenches are deep enough so the chain roller bits run on the high ridge between the trenches.... A strip of white nylon/teflon chopping board makes a good replacement also...

If your running 14/37 sprockets you could change to 16/43 which is about the same ratio and that should help move the chain away from the swingarm a bit more...

cheers, would buying a shoter lengthed shock help as it would decrease the angle of the swingarm....can you get shorten shocks that still absorb well?

Depending on your shock most have an adjusted which you can screw to shorten or lengthen your shock.

if it were me, i would get a strip of teflon and make a new guard for the swingarm. i piece of perspex was never going to last lol but it was worth a try i guess, got a couple of weeks of hassle free riding i guess. the gt pitbikes come with the chain resting on the swingarm as standard and they have a 1/2 inch thick teflon guard, works really well.

Cheers, Tony.

Shove some chopping board it there and it'll be sweet. Lowering the bike is an option but not really a good solution.

Latest posts

Back