Chain Holder thing LOL

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YamahaRacing125

Reaction score
G'day, i have a larger than normal chain, and there is a thing on the right hand side of the chain roller and i have no clue to wat this is.. anyways my chain wouldnt fit through it so i took it off. Is it completely nessercery to have it on? would it matter to take it off?

I'd like to hear ur thoughts:D

Thanks scott.

I think from your description that you are talking about the chain guide...

No it's completely necessary it's just to keep the chain on track so to speak but as long as you have good tension in your chain it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Yes that is what im talking about lol! um u said it is completely nesserary and then gave a point to why it isnt nessercery. do u mean its not completely nessercery?

If you chain becomes loose (which it most likely will), if you go over a bump without it on you chain can skip off the sprockets.

If you take it apart (most just have bolts through them) You can space the guid e out with washers to make it wider then your chain will fit through.. Much better option

i did what suspect said ages ago put a couple of small washers in.

on the chain guide on the inside of that were the 2 rubber bits are on every bolt hole you put about 2 or 3 washers ill try get a pic of mine tonight for you.

mate take your chain guide off

undo all the allen bolts or plain bolts (wich ever) then grab som washers that will fit

so step by step

get bolts put back throu hole on 1 side
then place washers over bolts so the are aginst inner side of you chain guide
then place you alloy spacers over bolts
the put another set of washers on bolts
then place other side of chain guide on
then tighten up
then put back on swing arm
then kick ya bike over
then go for a ride
then come back and say snitchy your a champion
then u may bow