Chain Tension

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimp

Reaction score
G'day,

can someone tell me weather my chain is too loose? i rekon it is but i heard that if you measure how far you can pull it up is between 30-40mm then it isnt too loose. i can pull it up 40mm. i dont have a big enough socket piece to make it tighter myself :( but im getting one this weekend. just wanted to know weather this is rideable.

Image002.jpg

Cheers,
Alex

yep to loose
but not by much
hows the new toy going
you looked like you had a big smile on your face the other day when ya picked it up
i say about 1/2 inch play for that chain as it will stretch further alot further

whats the sprocket piece your talking about
all ya need is a 13mm spanna and the 19 and17 for the axle then ya just pull it back from the tensioners untill ya run out of room
then if you run out of room there then you need the chain breaker thing
go to buzz bikes for the chain breaker he's got them there pretty cheap like $25 or somthing

good luck

Last edited:
awesome thanks. yeah i dont have a 13mm spanner (dont ask why).
gettingit all fixed this weekend. yeah it goes so well. jumps so much easyer than my ttr-230. its such a different ride which is awesome. got up to like 60-70 yesterday. i reckon this is the best thing i have ever bought. well worth it.

im really happy with it, it can handle almost anything.

Latest posts

Back