Chain Tensioner

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHT RIDER

Reaction score
hey guys i bought a new dirt bike a couple of days ago and noticed that the chain tensioner is broken. just wanted to know is the chain tensioner really that neccessary and will it be ok to ride without one. :?

any advice will be greatly appreciated. :D

thanx stephen.

yeah get rid of it all it would do is stretch the chain with MX bikes u want alot of play in the chain the more weight u put on the seat the tighter the chain gets just make sure u keep the chain guide dont get the tw mixed up (it does happen)

actually i think i did get the two mixed up its actually the chain guide thats broken. the chain tensioner is the thing on the back wheel isnt it? :?

click on the link above and have a look u can see the chain tensioner just behind the foot peg pushing the chain and the chain guide is bolted to the swing arm its job is to guide the chain onto the sprocket

left20side.jpg

picture speaks for itself 8)
made this pic 4 u stevo

only take it off if its spring loaded as u can see the thumpter's isnt a chain tensioner more of a guide and stops the chain rubbing on the case cover in this case u need it

oh k yep its the tensioner that is broken. k kool. thats alright i was getting confused before, that pic cleared it all up. thanx heaps guys. :D much appreciated.

cheers stephen. 8)

Latest posts

Back