changin cdi

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china boy788

Reaction score
hey,
i wanna change my cdi to one of them high rev cdi thingy but i been tolded to do so i wood have to re wire the bike becuz i dont have the right pins or some thing, my cdi is a old two connector pin thingy but its the square type?
is this true or is there a way around it?

bike is a china 125cc

thanks

if it's a 2 pin
im not to sure
but iv heard there's an adaptor to connect it to a 3 pin

correct me if im wrong anyone.

2 connectors for just your CDI?

not to sure about that at all, nothing iv heard of before.

pretty sure there should be just one.

jst had a look at the colour of the wires and there diff to that pic
its
in the 2 pin connector thers a red/black wire and white/black
in the 3 pin connector thers yellow/black wire and blue/white and a green one

yer so just follow the wires from the pic they might be diff colour but they will lead to the same place so find where they all go and match up where they go to the cdi and yes you will have to cut the wires but cut it about 2 inchs so if you have trouble doing it you can all ways go back but i will try to find a better diagram that has the 2 plug.

The cdi that I bought came as the two plug type and had aan adapter piece that bought it into one pin type. If you need the two plug type this may be what your lookin for. It was from ebay, Type in race cdi, find the one thats 18.55 with free delivery, check if YK Johnson is the seller,Contact him and double check the plug type to make sure they havnt changed. You should have some luck from there

Why does that stupid CDI question pop up all the time?? does nobody use the search...???

BOYS; THIS "RACING" CDI`S DO JACKSH!T; SO SPARE YOUR CASH FOR BETTER OIL;TIRES;HANDLEBARS!!!!

ok ty guys and
i jst fine out its the old type, dont no how old tho but
its the square type of connector soo yer they only got
the 2 types the 5 pin and the round 2 connector thingy
so ill need to cut it and get new connectors but any 1 got wireing thingy?

themountain if u not gonna help then shut up

Last edited:
oo nasty lol jks but m8 they dont do much i only changed mine cozz the stock 1 craped itself but the aftermarket 1 so they call them aka stock box are the same i got mi m8s stockie and tryed it and it didnt lose power so themountain has a point y waste your money if your 1 is still good like he said you could get better oil or some shiz like that. any way man catch.

yer thanks for the info but mates got same wiring as mine and his shit it self soo yer trying to get the info for him and me too

china boy shut up mountains right ive seen that question so many times b4. and why o people keep telling him to cut things THERE IS AN ADAPTER!!! they have them on ebay for fuck sake. shit people are dumb these days. why the hell would you go cutting shit, risking fuking the thing up when you can just buy something thatll fix the prob without havin to modify anything.

soz bout the swearing but it pisses me off.

that sounds like something i said in the first thread... haha

did you even check to see if you could get and adaptor?

Latest posts

Back