Changing My Stock Carb To A 26mm?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIK50

Reaction score
hey i got a new 26mm carb to replace my little 22mm standard job only problem is the standard manifold seems to small? port it? or do they sell larger inlet manifolds? and do i need to keep the black spacer between the inlet and carb??????? any help appriciated

depends what the manuifold is made out of, 3mm should be ok to dremel off the sides. That little black spacer plate is meant to stop heatsoak.

Me got a large manifold already , gave it a quick tidy up to match the head and the bikes back together and runnnin already.........yipeee
only had a quick ride up the street and back but seems to have a bit more go....cant wait till my next day of to take it for a thrash..................

Anyone know where in australia i can can a decent cam and hc piston ti fit lifan 125 motor?

Lilscottie said:
I removed my Spacer and Felt an Increase in The Acceleration.

lilscottie, i have just been having this discussion with another member of the forum, he says that you need the spacer in there for stopping the heat get to the carb... i dont mean to hijack this thread, but it would be nice to know which one is the better option, taking it off or having it on?

cheers, matt

ide say having it on, otherwise it wouldnt be there from the factory... remember the asians are trying to make these for as little as possible.

If you do remove it, ide put another gasket of some sort so you dont get air leaks.

ok.

when i had my mini dirt bike, i removed the spacer from day 1, but considering i had alot of probs with that bike, the removal of the spacer couldve contributed to som of those problems...

You need to get a hold of a 25mm inlet manifold and match it to carb and head. Shortening the inlet length will increase throttle response but take from the bottom end. Lengthening does the opposite. I have actually added another spacer to the existing one for more torque. All joints must be sealed 100% and having a heat block is also neccesary especially in summer.

Dosent matter about spacer ,It does stop against air leaks but due to the shorter manifold when not using one you will get a better response. a thin gasket would be better.

Air leaks wont happen.. the carbi's have a o-ring on the mainfold side to stop that...

I myself removed my spacer when i got my thumpstar in feb 05 and still dont run it..

My mates bike come with 3 spacers ??? This was so the the carbi could fit on past the motors fins, thats the china way cheap plastic instead of casting a whole new inlet mainfold design.

The facts about inlet mainfolds
  • Longer inlet mainfold will produce more torque.
  • Shorter inlet mainfold will produce a higher rpm engine..
  • I choose the higher rpm option by removing the spacer

Latest posts

Back