changing oil also changes valve clearances?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitmaster

Reaction score
Ducar-r-spec is saying when you change your engine oil it causes your valve clearances to change, and you should adjust valves when changing the oil!

we've been racing 250cc 4 strokes for years and not once ever heard this rubbish!!!!

ok for starters i didnt say this always happened i said when u switch oils
and i bet ur 250 engines were jap engines not chinese 1s huh?
exacltly

and i never said to adjust ur valves when changing oil i said it would be a wise move if u run into problems like what i explaned

dude you said they get so far out that you bike wont even start, FROM changing oils!!

its all in the chatbox so dont go changing your story now ay!

Iam not out to start anything, its just if your going to go giving out advice to people either make sure its actually correct advice, cause telling kids rubbish doesnt achieve anything IMO,

hmm im only telling him what i got told by a bike mechanic

the latest from ducar is, the different thickness of oils between the valve and the valve seat heat up when the engine is hot, and cause the valve to not shut properly!

yep valves are swimming in oil dude!

I agree with pitmaster %100, I read it all in the chatbox.

Just think about what you're saying before you go ahead and say it, make sure you actually know what you're talking about or you shouldnt be posted advice on forums and misleading people.

Last edited:
Jesus, Ducar are you Sidney's younger brother? Very similiar in some aspects :rolleyes:

I think this was a good thing you did Pitmaster pointing it out, if you don't know what your on about why even post it? There will be some 10yr kid who goes out and does what you say then 10 minutes later after he's done it, he'll be trying to find the number for the mechanic to fix what he's just screwed!

If that made any sense LOL

...am I here in LALA-Land??

10:09 AM] ducar.r.spec: like when u switch oils
[10:09 AM] ducar.r.spec: it happens alot with china's
[10:08 AM] ducar.r.spec: doesnt matter u can get it done from a shop for $20

.....this guy should be banned for this crap he wrote

Last edited:
guys guys

go easy,durcar was told buy his mechanic ,i'm sure he's only going on what he's been told

am not up to speed on the thread and what was fully said
but we all make mistakes

great to point out to ducar that the info was incorrect but i really cant see the point on flameing this guy

best option is to correct his infomation and leve it at that as any derogatory comment serve's no 1

im no expert on motors and i have been told some crap about my car's over the yrs and because i was told buy a so called expert i belived the info

soo from my experiance all ways get a second opinion before you make your mind up

have a good day fella's

cheers

Hes someone that refuses to listen and kept giving out the false info, even with 3 guys trying to correct him, so he had to be set straight!!

its just a bit of a warning that just cause its writin here dont beleive everything you read, this kid was being sucked in big time by all the rubbish that was being said!

anyway rant over, Ducar might listen now to the advice he was giving,

Chow fellas

Good laugh reading replies from some of the 13-15year old qualified mechanics on this fourm

look i was only trying to help sum1 and what i said was what i got told by a mechanic i didnt see u guys helping him use were just bitching about what i said so get over it i apoligize for what was said but that still doesnt give u guys a reason to give sum1 shit i think this thread should be deleted at it has no significance to this section
cheers
Reece

not everybody knows everything, its understandable to trust what you've been told if you don't know the facts yourself, but If your mechanich is the one telling you this, you are either getting ripped off, or the mechanic is incompetent, if a mechanic is telling you something that seems strange, always get a second opinion.

look i was only trying to help sum1 and what i said was what i got told by a mechanic i didnt see u guys helping him use were just bitching about what i said so get over it i apoligize for what was said but that still doesnt give u guys a reason to give sum1 shit i think this thread should be deleted at it has no significance to this section
cheers
Reece

I think this should be stickied as a bad example:p

Latest posts

Back