Changing Sprockets, chain

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoolign

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering, i got a orion pro 125cc, it has 47 tooth back sprocket, im thinking of going to a 40 and there is was too much acceleration in low gears and i would prefer to take that and spread it out for some more top end so that first gear will be actually useful. at the moment it feels like it would climb a verticle wall in first or second!. is this too much of a change down in sprocket size? and also, can i resize the existing chain as it will be slack with the new sprocket on. thanks guys

cool thanks, seems fine, also what about the chain? would i have to buy a new one? or can i easily take some links out of my current one?

im getting mine from ebay, theres heaps, just make sure that the stud pattern fits ok, a lot are 3 stud pattern

yeah, but i can drill some additional holes if the holes are slightly wrong as there is a bit of spare metal to drill into around the existing holes, i can link the actual item but there are some selling for $39 4 stud 37 tooth, just type SPROCKET in ebay search, make sure its 4 stud

yeah thats the sporcket i was looking at, with the chain, cant we just take some links out to make it fit?? no i havent taken off the choke, how do you do it? and dont you need the choke to start the bike cold?
ive had the bike 4 days and have only been able to ride it for 5 min cause its been dark and rainy every arvo,,, its killing me!!!!

Latest posts

Back