changing whel bearing? (how do i do it)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
i got a set of 12'' front an back rims today but the guy said they were 15mm axles but the bearing holes are too small for 15mm axles the idiot

so what should i do? do i buy 12mm axles or should i put my 15mm bearings in the new rims??

if i should put the old 15mm bearings in how do i take the out of the old hubs?
ive never took them out before

do i go from the inside with a small flathead screw driver an try to tap them out??

help please i wanna do it to day

all you need to get the bearings out is an old axle or such & bash them out form the inside with a hammer then to go back in use a socket that fits the outside edge of the bearing....

the 12 vs 15 thing is your problem LOL coz you will have troubles with your swingarm n shit too

It could be like how you get out a skateboard bearing. Put in the axle and kind of pry it out on an angle

thanx hillz ill do it now....

Take it back and get refund I'd say, it wont fit your forks and swingarm I think.

Are they red rims for your pp140? Get red or black black rims then all you have to do is change the bash plate and fuel cap and no more blue to clash with the red! :D

yeah there black but i got them from a guy on a forum so i cant take them back

i took out the bearings but the 15mm axle bearings are to small by to small i mean the outer part of the bearing which goes into the hub

so i guess ill look for the right size bearings cause i dont want 13mm axles

As mentioned above, just tap them out with an old bolt or axle. I'll be doing the same. Purchasing 12" rims, even if they're 12mm and tapping out the old bearings to fit bearings to take 15mm axles. Any bearings supplier should have something. They may even do the swap for you.

yeah the bearings came out pretty easy,

a bearing place sells alot of stuff to where my old man works so ill get him to hook me up with some right size bearings to take a 15mm axle

cheers for the help

p.s i had a 100 main jet in an today i threw in a 102.5 an the bike luved it for any one that wanted to know an also polished the manifold too now ill jump on the net a buy a 12'' front tyre an probably buy a new rear too cause the old carlsbad is about 45% tread

well im back to square one the bearing shop didnt have the bearings i needed

so if anyone knows where i can get 4 bearings with a 15mm centre hole an 36mm outer let me know please

my 15mm axle bearings outer is only 34mm so they dont fit in my hubs

15x36mm hey... what width are you after..

o wait just looked in my book.... NO.... the only size close is 15x35x11mm

i would reconmend getting a bush made up to go inside the hub, then running some 15x32x9's (x2 on drive side)

Hey thats gotta suck bigtime, Divy good luck with sorting it out mate

hey hillz in your book does it have a bearing with a 15mm centre hole and a 38mm outer diameter???

well im back to square one the bearing shop didnt have the bearings i needed

so if anyone knows where i can get 4 bearings with a 15mm centre hole an 36mm outer let me know please

my 15mm axle bearings outer is only 34mm so they dont fit in my hubs

How wide do the bearings need to be? 9mm as Hillz said?

I'll see what our local stocks. So I'll ask about 15mm inner, 34mm outer, and 9mm depth?

thanks rudy i apreciate it

the size i need is 15mm centre hole (for the axle) outside diameter is 37-38mm an 9-11mm wide (depth)

There is a big difference between 37 and 38 mm when you talk about bearings, how have you measured your hubs?.

Have you looked for on line bearing catalogues? ie timken, skk ect.

i measured it again an its 38mm

ive looked on a few websites but no luck

dude i work for a bearing company
and sorry to say but your in the shit with that onedude
the best thing you can do is get somone to machine your hub out
to 42mm then put 6302ddu bearings (15x42x13) ddu = full contact seals
but you can only do that if there's enough meat in the hubs to machine them out dont let an engineer butcher them
this is your only option for ther is not even an imperial size that comes close
to these dimensions

dam moto manufacturers they do this so you go back and buy the genuine part and hand over your house to pay for it

sorry mate things are grim

hell i get guys coming in with monkey bikes tryin to get chain and all the bearings for them but all i can do is laugh
the problem is ther's nowon is aus that keeps the genuine parts for these things
well not anymore

i hope you can get away with the bore job

later

Latest posts

Back