China bike VS Thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
Ok. So me and my mate took our bikes out today for a good ride.

He's got a 120cc Thumpstar

I got a 120cc Loncin Pit bike.

His bike has 10'' wheels and mine has 12'' back and 14'' front. Heares how i found the difference.

Started of fine. We was thrashing round the track. Doing little jumps. Then it started to go wronge. I was riding round, and the can on the end of my exhaust fell off. I couldn't put it back on there because i didn't have the correct spanner with me to tighten it up. So i left it off. There was flames comming out of the exhaust when this was off lol.

Thumpstar was still going strong, then the back break serized up and the bike wouldn't move. We stuck a bottle of water over it, and it steamed, but worked after that. This happened a few times in the day.

We had a 1/2 long stretch race. Overall, my china bike was faster then his bike when flat out. Only by about 4mph.
Considering my bike has 12'' wheels and his had 10'', they go about the same if i put 10'' on my bike.

The thumpstar was much more of a steady ride. Didn't feel as cheap as the china one i have, even thoe mine had USD and his didn't.

The thumpstar was much better at wheelspins as it had 10'' wheels.

Overall, good day. I just needed to spend 30 minutes putting my exhaust can back on.. and the thumpstar had to be taken to the shop to get the brake fixed.

his thumpstar must of been f$%^d up FINAL , bcoz your bike isnt modified enough to beat him. wheel size does make you cover more ground but not enough to beat a thump.but who knows either shit rider or stuffed up bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Why Say this? Thumpstars are stock china bikes with a pretty name dude. why couldnt he beat the Thumpstar without something being wrong?

Gearing is also a factor.

I raced thumpstars and proverts at a track near my place when my Onion was working and i was keeping up with them except when it became bumpy and i had to back off because of the shit orion suspension.

mjc85 said:
when my Onion was working and i was keeping up with them .

lol! that just made my day bro, thanks

No problems, i call them onions now because they look good from far but they burn your eyes up close because they are so shit.

We both went the same speed until we got flat out, then we saw how much faster each of them was.

Mine went about 4mph faster. It was mental.

I don't seem why the thumpstar should of beat me, same suspension, same exhaust. Both of the bikes was stock.

when will people learn it's not bike but rider

what's this about thumpstars brakes seizing up?? mine has never done it, the most i have ridden without turning off was about 2.5 hours

true its the rider not the bike, although rider waight and bike power also has %

Why dont people take tools when you ride its just common sense... no point traveling miles to find out you spin the tire and pop the tube.. or something brakes and it just wreaks your day....

I have a 9mm ammo crate i got for $5 i take with all the tools i need.

anyone else had that problem with rear brakes? my brother baught a cheap china bike and the same thing happend. if he didnt give it to the bike it would stall coz the brakes would stop it from moving...
but easy fix, get a flat head screwdriver and wedge the top of the brake pads apart, and never had a problem since

WTF...this thread is 5 years old....why you guys dig out things like that??

Bleed your brakes and put decent quality dot 4 brake fluid in there. Try always keep brake fluid sealed tightly as moister in the air actually ruins the fluid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back