Chinese Bike Playing Up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitRac3r

Reaction score
Whenever I ride my bike 3rd gear seems to be really jumpy and runs really crap and when i start my bike and just let it idle it makes a really loud sound coming from the side where the kickstarter is. the sound kinda sounds like something is loose in there. i wud appreciate it if you could help me out with this because im only really new to bikes. cheers guys

if ur holding the kick start leaver down, well then ur silly, how long have you had this bike?... i guess only recently, proberly out of tune? proberly because the engine is a ducar?...

more info would help about this bike

i have only had it for about a month and it is a ducar engine but im not holding down the kickstart

if ur holding the kick start leaver down, well then ur silly, how long have you had this bike?... i guess only recently, proberly out of tune? proberly because the engine is a ducar?...

more info would help about this bike

Once again the positive attitude of Reply has fallen to the way side.

I would firstly replace your spark plug as some chinese bikes come with a dodgy plug, EVEN ONES THAT DON'T HAVE A DUCAR ENGINE RUN INTO PROBLEMS NOW AND THEN when they get hot they dont spark as well as they should. Make sure you have checked your nuts and bolts, engine oil, chain tension. Try these and see if the noise continues.

Dont be afraid to ask for any more help. You made an investment and want to keep it running to its full potential

what brand spark plug should i look at getting and what engine oil. and where is a good place at getting this stuff from

motul oil. with regards to the spark plug i am not too sure what is good or what isnt but i have been running a dng spark plug and havent had ay dramas at all. i hear denso are good as well.

hopefully later on this afternoon when everyone is home from work you can get a little more help man..

Cheers, Tony.

hey, NGK all the way, take you'r pittys plug out and take it to the local motorbike dealer and ask him for this but a ngk one, they are the best spart plugs. Also make sure you got the correcct amount of oil in it.

thanks heaps for all your help guys.
the sound is so weird though cuz when its in neutral just idling its kinda like a clicking noise its pretty loud. then when i put it into gear the noise stops but then when i ride it and change to 3rd the bike like runs really bad.

what kind of gear pattern are you running, 1 down 3 up, all up etc...?

my bike in neutral did the same thing and as i found, there is a shifting star in the gearbox, the neutral "dip" in the star was too shallow and wasnt sitting correctly. due to my gearbox being a 1 down 3 up configuration, it was resting on the gears for 1st and making a clicking / grinding noise. i pulled out the star and took it in to my mate who lathed it out for me, making neutral a little deaper and it sits nicely now. havent had a problem since.

3rd gear, is there any flat spots, anything else that we might be able to use to identify the problem?

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back