Christmas for 4 year old

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack

Reaction score
OK guys I am a bit out of touch with the amount of minis now available so need your expert advice.
I am after a first bike for a 4 year old - Will consider OEM but probably looking more at the copies, reckon it needs to be Auto and relatively low seat height and prefer new.
Looking at PW50 or PY50
HSR mini 70 (or similar)

Also considering KTM 50 mini adventure (used) and even the Oset Spiders

Looking for info on good deals, who sells them and any links to similar models to what I have listed.

Thanks

put him on a quad at that age ,, get his skills down , throttle wise and then move him up in 12 months

nothing worse than chasing a kid on a 50 flatout heading for a fence , quad is more stable and easy to learn on

cheap as chips the MIC quads and they go well for the price

IMO

Thanks for the reponses guys, not exactly what I am after at this point but any advice is welcome.

More want some real feedback on the chinese stuff from people that have owned them. I wouldn't own one myself, but as a kids first bike as long as they start easily, can get parts when they bust and are generally reliable than I am willing to consider, considering I can by two PYs for the price pf a PW.
I am aware of the resale arguments but by the time my two tackers are finished with it I don't care if it get's binned, $800 for a few years entertainment and some life long skills seems relatively cheap.

I have been around bikes Since I was there age myself a second hand deckson with victa lawn mower engine strapped to a rigid frame with ape hangers and rope start was my first ride. Even 'chinese crap' is improved on this, but if I am genuinely buying trouble I will go genuine.

Yeah Quads aren't my thing but do hear where you are coming from. Have witnessed it, horrific!

My uncle got his kids a 110 China quad for xmas last year, Its been great fun. We gave it a thrashing all of us bigger boys had it on two wheels going a round tight corners, we've rolled it and run it into a few trees. Last time I rode it though the frame snapped in two places. If you do buy one replace the chian as that comes off regularly and the oil, So far the handle bars havn't bent :).

Goodluck with it;)

ok if you want china bikes for the kids I recon one these will do ya good:
DHZ is one one of the better brands when it comes to cheap china bikes, they put a bit more thought into what the customer wants and have great parts backup and customer service. NEW 2009 DHZ MINI110 LIFAN SEMI AUTO RACING THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Dec-09 11:03:28 AEDST)

if you don't like that then this is the next best thing, they're not too bad but I'd be leaning toward the DHZ:
Motorbike City

If you really wanna squeeze the budget tight then this is what you'll get, Highly not-recommended. shocking customer service, no parts backup.
NEW ATOMIK MOTOX 70CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Nov-09 20:00:57 AEDST)

If you take care of these china bikes and keep up the maintenance ( they need ALLOT of maintenance) then you'll get a couple years out of em. They start very easily if they are kept in tune. And I think they'll last allot longer with a young fella riding them.

edit: sorry I mis-read your post...... you're looking at the little replica things like pw50 replica and ktm 50 replica?? I have no experience with them. I'd personally spend that little bit more and get a genuine PW-50, then when he needs a bigger bike (won't take long) you can sell it for a good resale value.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back