city motorbike ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crim 87

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if many people on here have dealt with them am looking at buying a bike from there. also does anyone know of many shops in melb that sell cheap gear ?? city motorbike are doing alpinestar , pants , jersey , helmet , goggles and gloves for $250 thats pretty cheap yeah ??

yea there gear is well priced, I've shopped around and found most of the stuff I looked at is cheapest from there.
is that gear for $250 all alpinestar? if so then that's a bloody good deal
be careful when buying spare parts there tho sometimes they charge double retail price for stuff

me and my bro bought pitpro's from there, mine's an absolute lemon there's allot of stuff wrong with it out of box, my lil bro's is great tho it's a solid little bike for the $

um as far as i know im pretty sure it's all alpinestar gear. what was so messed up bout your bike what did you get ??

I got a 140xr, the cam timing was advanced out of the box so who knows what damage that may have done to the valves, the engine mount and frame bolts are mostly threaded and seized they didn't even get the nuts on all the way before they seized, the throttle broke after a couple rides, there's gaps and holes in the frame that hold water and rust drizzles from them all over the bike, the fuel tank was full of plastic shards(I hear this common for chingas), the flywheel inner thread is threaded so a flywheel puller won't work, there's more but I just can't remember.
I don't think it's a problem with this model cuz other people have them and think they're great, it's just the bike I got was dodgy, it's almost like they've done it on purpose it's that bad or maybe the china man who assembled it was drunk or something

ha ha drunk china man. did you speak to someone down to at the shop or something to try and get the probs fixed ?

warranty only covers 1month and even then it's a very limited warranty, the fuel tank & rusty frame is down to poor manufacturing and nothing they could do, they can't do anything about the threaded bolts and if they did they'd just give me more shitty china bolts, the throttle I don't care I upgraded to a 1/4 turn, the advanced cam timing I didn't know was a problem so I just left it like that and recently learned it can damage the head, I think my stators blow atm so tried to pull the flywheel today and found the thread was rooted somehow.
so basically it's all at my expense, you get what you pay for and take a risk when you buy a cheap china bike. fact is they break easy and it's not the sellers fault.

p.s. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a pitpro, for most people they're fine I just got a lemon,
my lil bro's 125rr that cost $500 less than mine has held up fine, only problem is it had no exhaust gasket

Latest posts

Back