Cleaning mikuni carbi

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deon.jacob

Reaction score
i got a question and yes i have done some research but no luck. My 125cc ducar motor will run for 45min to 1 hour and then lose power. It will idle fine but will not take any load or Rev (and no the choke is not on). Have read many threads on this issue and have come to the conclusion that my carbi may be blocked and need a clean. My Question is, how easy is it to clean and what do you do exactly, ive have never cleaned a carbi before and would be great if some could list what i clean it with, tools required and step by step process.

Any help would be great!!!!

ok, its pretty easy actually. First i need to know what kind of bike you have and what kind of carbi (some bikes SAY they come with a mikuni but have you checked?)

cheers, Michael :)

A screwdirver and a 8mm spanner and a 10 mm spanner.

Turn off fuel tap
Undo screw at bottom of carby to drain the bowl
Remove air cleaner.
Undo the 2 bolts that hold the carby to the manifold.
Unsrew the cap whrere the trrottle cable goes in.
Pull out the cap and the slide/needle will come out.
Go to a clean bench.
Turn carby upside down and undo 4 philips head screws holding the bowl on.
remove bowl and you will see the brass jets.
Undo the jets and check that you can see thru them
blow thru these with compressed air and carby cleaner.
Put it back togeter.
take your time and be gentle.

only use compressed air to clean the jets, dont use pins or wire to poke in the jets, i see way too many people do this!

cass38a u read my mind... do wat he says mate n u'll b fine.... wen pullin apart things 4 the 1st time try n line the parts/screws u remove out in order on the CLEAN bench so u hav a better idea of how it goes bak together

Latest posts

Back