Clicking

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent182

Reaction score
Hey ive got a clicking noise coming from my from wheel/brake on my motovert... it seems to stop when i put my front brake on .. I have checked tightened and loctited everything in that area but its still seems to be happening any ideas??

thanx

TRENT

i get that if i tighten my front wheel too much, the brake disc makes a clicking sound when it spins through the brake caliper,

i just backed off the axel nut and it goes away!!!!

Hi Trent.Assuming you mean that you can hear this noise only when spinning the wheel by hand or rolling the bike along at walking speed [NOT WHILST ACTUALLY RIDING AT ANY SPEED !!!!].The clicking is probably the brake pads catching on the disc.As brake pads wear they can develop a sharp edge on the friction material which then tends to drop in to cooling slots or drillings on the disc rotor causing clicking noises.This is not the big problem it sounds ,just annoying to hear.Take the pads out and if they are not worn beyond use gently file a small chamfer on the edge of the pads.This will hopefully stop the clicking sound for you.Also check to see if the pads are worn so badly that the backing material[steel] isnt coming into contact with the disc rotor [Very Bad] !!!!

Ooops. Forgot to mention the most obvious.Remove you wheel and check the wheel bearings.If they are badly worn they also can make a clicking sound !!!!!!!

Hope this works for you

Cheers Brian

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back