Clutch !!! AHHHHH

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerroy

Reaction score
Ok
start off im putting 140CC outlaw in a ABG29 i read all the problems ppl were having with clutch and thought what the hell ill give it a go (first mistake)

i have grinded the frame so the clutch fits all ok i had to cut up the clutch cable casue it needed more give in doing that i bent wire so it wouldnt retract once it had been pulled (they are a bitch to cut up )

i thought what the hell ill go hydraulic clutch i installed it last night fits perfect, but when you pull it on works fine and let go its doesnt retract its like theres no pull back on the clutch part on engine ?

i then just put bike in gear and rolled it forward with clutch pulled up BUT it stayed in gear whats wrong with my clutch its brand new engine i havnt done anything i think wrong ? is there something i can check or ?? or am i screwed

PS anyone wanting to do this stick with 125cc or get a bike with a 140cc

Last edited:
Hey I don't think you are engaging the clutch at all. Sounds like you only are taking up the slack. Once its working properly you will have the pressure of the clutch springs to pull the lever back.

hmm i dont think it can pull it any further but ill have another look tomoz thanks

Dirttau dav do you have any pics ?
did you haev to modify standard clutch ?
what about exhaust was yours pushing up against the clutch mount on engine ?

thanks mate

oh and Mack you may be right i check this morning and it does have more pull left in it :p

did you haev to modify standard clutch ?
what about exhaust was yours pushing up against the clutch mount on engine

no i used a start any gear clutch cable and my exhaust dont go anywhere near the clutch mount
ill try to get a pic of it over the week end

Thanks mate

ah well then exghaust must be different on Atomik casue mines touching the mount for clutch loop

any gear start clutch ? hmmm ill do a search

thanks
i go one yesterday from DHZ cabled up last night

so new cable pulls alot further still doest engage clutch casue the clutch swingarm hits the frame :( im gonna grind more

mate i had to make a bracket for mine...i installed a lifan 140 into an agb-21 and it works fine....i will get a pic ASAP and post it up.

cheers

thanks mate that will be helpful :p cheers guys

Latest posts

Back