clutch help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavgav

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me i just instsalled some new clutch plates and heavy duty clutch springs and i dont no how tight to do the bolts for the clutch springs the motor is a yx160 can anyone help me

^^

having the same problem.

using the search function and coming up with nothing and since theres no answer here, ill bump it, just in case someone knows and gavgav and i can have working clutches.

theoretically, the bolts for the clutch springs should bottom out on the pins into which they screw in. As for torque settings, no idea. I've just always "nipped" mine up, without overdoing it...
which is probably of no value at all..

^^ thanks thump140

i thought they should bolt up tight. just wasnt sure if they had to have some slack in them for return springs to work. Ive just nipped them up, dummy fitted the clutch cover case and had a play with release fork... everything feels ok..

yeah even with the bolts hard up against the posts, the springs will still um, spring... lol..
you can use a teeeeeeny bit of loctite if you wanted to, but i've never had the need...

Latest posts

Back