Clutch on its way out?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylegooseman

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm not to sure what is wrong with my bike but i'll try and describe the problem. If im in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in I can still feel a slight strain on the rear wheel but if its in neutral or 2nd (with the clutch pulled in) it rolls smoothly. Ive lifted up the back of the bike with it going in 1st and let the clutch off then pulled it back in and the wheel spins then stops (when i put the rear brake on) and then if i let the brake off and keep the clutch in the wheel doesnt move. Also when the bike is running and I go to put it in 1st from neutral with the clutch pulled in I can feel it going into gear (it jerks forward a bit). This is concerning me a bit and its only started today, I adjusted the clutch so it was only very weakly biting and it still felt like it was pulling if it was in first with clutch pulled in and in 1st gear. Sorry for the complicated explination but im really needing to know whats happening because im going for a ride tomorrow with mates and I dont want it dying on me mid-ride.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers
Kyle :)

Sounds like your clutch is not fully engaging... try adjusting the clutch cable and go from there.

Hope this helps mate :)

Cheers mate but I already tried that, I adjusted the clutch cable so when it was disengaged it would only just bite and it was still grabbing with the clutch engaged. There is about 2-3cm of movement on the clutch at the engine so thats no problem (i dont think). I thought about that too tho and it would be doing it in second gear too and it isnt, changing from neutral to second is smooth?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back