Clutch problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
I have just put my engine back together and the clutch pulls in with no resistance, how can i fix this?

Re try putting it back together with the outside washers facing out
Make sure the clutch button is still there

There's one on the basket with the 3 claw washer which you turn slightly then put the flaw over it.
Then there's one under the nut

I put both the outside washers under the clutch nut, with the 3 claw washer under the basket with the clutch cutout washer over the 3 claw one.

Last edited:
i pulled all the plates apart but put them back together exactly as they were before, but just to make sure which one is the spring plate? The plate that holds the springs in place?

I pulled the plates apart, i also tightened it as far as it would go, would this effect anything?

were there any little riges on the clutch basket? have you put the spring retainer plate on the correct way?

What do you mean by little riges on the clutch basket?, also the spring retainer plate is on the right way, the bearing is held in by the little cutouts.

If you have tightened up the four bolts firm against the spring guides then there is no problem there. The spring plate will have a bearing in the centre which can only be pushed into the plate from one side. Put that side facing out. What a few people have done is adjust the cable wrong.

If you turn the lever by hand you should be able to feel the tension of the spring on the lever then it will get really hard but if you push harder this will push the plates apart. Alot of people have mistaken the first spring tension for the clutch springs.

Latest posts

Back