clutch problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi peeps

my clutch seems to be slipping like i put it in 1st and if you dont have your feat on the floor even with the clutch in the bike starts moving slowely and also going from 1st gear to second the gear is rearly stiff

i think my clutch cable maybe be loose or somthing does any one have any ideas

by way i have a rampge 125 if thats helps
:D

yea could be the cable is braking or lose, another problem may be the clutch leaver inside the gear box

thanks

thanks crazzy

i think my cable is loose coz my clutch lever seems a lot looser than it was when i first got the bike and when i held it in further it became more easy to change gears

any way how do u adjust it to make it tighter

many thanks jordan

My bike has two sections on the cable where you can adjust the tension of the clutch - just next to the lever there is a kinda washer that you can twist/untwist to adjust it, as well as halfway along the cable there is another long nut looking thing that you can twist with your fingers to tighten or untighten it - sorry for the lack of correct words to explain it but if you look where i indicated you should find them.

I was told to adjust it so that when you pull the clutch lever, it has about 3mm freeplay in it before you can feel tension.

Correct me if i'm wrong but that's what i did to mine and have had no problems since.

your clutch cable is probably stretched its just a simple turn of the adjuster set your clutch up to suit your style of riding heres what macka is talking about
newpictures043.jpg

newpictures044.jpg

also, when adjusting your clutch i've found the best place to have the release point is when you only pull the lever in about 1cm or so... allows for quicker shifts, just make sure its not slipping and your sweet

so adjust it so you need to only pull the clutchi n a tiny bit to disengage the engine from the gearbox...
And for shifting from 1st to 2nd, do an oil change, might help with the stiffness

Latest posts

Back