clutch slipping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its just not working at all...its not a reassembly problem im a motorbike mechanic myself and have tried everything..

nasty.
i only know the c 90/ ct110 clutches....
and never had this problem.

without seeing it, all i can think of is the key between it and the main shaft has snapped/ is missing...or,

did you even have to take off the side covers to do the rebore? never done a 50 myself so maybe i should shut my trap... but these honda engines are all much the same.

maybe the doodad on the gear shift lever isnt engaging where it should... i remember theres a shaft running across the box that disengages the clutch as you change gears....that turns a swashplate fixed to the right hand cover via a lever... if you had to remove the cover this might be it...

slipping id say springs/adjustment

g'luck

yeah i took it apart and checked the hole thing over! i even got my mates 50 and put it back together exactly the same has is and still didnt work but his did.. so i put his side cover and clutch and everythin on and still didnt work? im thinkin mayb a heavy duty clutch?

you tried a different clutch with the same result?
and your clutch worked in his?
going heavy duty wouldnt do a thing then but pee you off even more
very strange though, if it was working before and not now

oh...and what do you mean by not working? is it disengaged or engaged?

usually you need the heavy duty springs (thats wat ive been told) so it doesnt overload the clutch

yeah my clutched worked fine in his! :( its engaged all the time as soon as ya click it in to gear it just takes off it dosnt sit there so ya have to be always on the gas or it stalls

it really sounds like that lil lever i was hinting at either...isnt there or isnt doing what it should do.

way i see it...your clutch is working, and so springs or a new one isnt going to fix the problem.

off with both covers and really compare every single part, every lever, with your mates...theres something not where it should be... or broken.
fiddle the gear shift while its open... something should be moving, and transferring this movement from the magneto side to the clutch side.
if everything of yours works on his, and his dont work on yours.... wow. brainteaser. and youve got the thing in front of you. got me beat.:eek:

usually the clutch will disengage as you go to change, but just before it clicks into the next gear? and stay disengaged until you release the lever...maybe stating the obvious there.

on that note, they arent really a true centrifugal clutch, cause you can do a clutch start...by holding that lever up while you roll(disengaged), and letting go when you get the speed up...(engaged, shifted into 2nd)

yeah my clutch worked fine in his :( it just wants to drive as soon as ya click 1st gear it wont sit on the spot like it should..

sounds like that little lever that headmess is talking about

yeah i thought that to but i put it back together the same as me mates and it still didnt work but his did so im guessing thats not the problem..it couldnt just be that the big bore is to powerful for a stock clutch?

if your clutch slipped, like your headline says...yes.

to have it constantly engaged, no.

if your a bike mechanic as you say you are.... not the best sign of your competency in your chosen field... sort of like a divorced marriage counsellor. sorry dude:eek:

ever thought of being a politician?

this is why i work on my own and my mates bikes:)

Latest posts

Back