clutch wont disengage

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
hey fellas,
well the POS china has fucked up again!
now when i pull the clutch in and then let it go the clutch cable just goes slack and the clutch stays engaged, i have to physically push the clutch arm thing that goes into the clutch down. is the spring fucked? or something to do with inside the clutch???

cheers

Umm, This used to happen to me a bit, But the bolt that holds the clutch onto the thing was too tight.. I dont know how to explain it lol, there is a bolt and a nut which holds the clutch lever onto the thing that holds the clutch lever LOL. Try loosening it and see how she goes

ive stuffed around with the adjuster on the clutch perch and the adjuster half way down and it doesnt change anything. could the spring on the clutch arm on the engine be worn and lost its spring? theres one shit problem, i have never been able to remove my clutch cae on the side of the engine, its so tight its nearly impossible to undo and now the bolts are rounded off s i might need to use an easy out...if the problem is inside there that is!

i just got what you meant benox :p thats loose enough and its definatly not the problem as i can see that even thogh the clutch cable is loose the clutch arm on the engine doesnt return right down to the bottom...

Last edited:
those boldts can be a cunt 2 get off =P mine were i put a pair of lock grips and a screw driver and pushed and turned... maybe drill the holes out ;) but dont drill too far case then youll be in the shit bad!! but other than that yeh id say your spring needs attention

man i posted the same question last night and nowon answered me
well with a decent answer
so tonight i pulled the cover off sprayed a bit of lube on the shaft the plate and the little half moon bit on that shaft
see how you go

have fun getting the bolts out hehe

its most probably your spring. happened to me a while ago. i cant remember if you actually have to take the cover off tho...you probably do tho so yea...good luck

nah way to much effort taking it to adelaide. my mates dad has a mechanic who should be able to use an easy out on the cover. if it is the spring where would i get a new one, im guessing atomik would have the spare but they are my last resort as they take AGES to send new parts, goes to show the difference of customer service when feedback isnt involved :p
i find it weird because it just happened all of a sudden, its happened before not that long ago but i just stuffed around a little bit and it was off again.

thanx guys

coolmodee, did that solve the problem?

Last edited:
Hey Geezus18
Pop you clutch cable off both at the lever and the crankcase.Then check to see if the clutch cable inner moves freely,If it doesnt you may have a broken wire inside the casing causing the cable to snag !!!
Remedy a new Clutch cable from MPE of course LOL

Brian

haha ill try that tomorrow. ive acually already ordered a new clutch cable from atomik about a week ago and nothing in the post yet...next time ill contact you guys, atleast ill get it quicker then and im dealing with 'good' people lol!

thanks

hey guys,
well i cranked dads power drill and put in a bit of brute force and got the clutch cover of finally! i pulled it off to discover this :eek:
IMG_20241.jpg

what is all that CRAP! its every where..i can feel the internals are jamming and clogged up! what should i do?
Ive wiped and scrubbed a fair bit of the stuff out but its still in all the small gaps and moving parts.

cheers, Michael :)

yeww, i wacked my new clutch cable and clutch lever on and ive just been sitting on my bike and pulling the leaver in and out and putting pressure on the little clutch arm and its slowly freeing up!. i need to put something in there to free it up a bit..what do you guys rekkon RP7 or sumthing similar???

cheers, Michael :)

i kno its dodgey as...all good duys, went to sprint and grabbed some WD40, worked a charm, clutch is all back to normal :D

Last edited:
its corrosion from water getting in there,

give it a real good clean, spray it, than keep riding;)

haha sure did..i did need to work it a fair bit and get it all moving again..and i cleaned the shit out of the area.

thanks everyone :D problem solvered

Latest posts

Back