Cold Exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After riding for the last two weeks on my grand perants farm, i noticed that the exhaust(when i feel it with my hand) Is cool, almost cold.

It took 1 hour of hill climb style riding to make the exhaust feel warm.

Is this normal?

are you talking about the pipe or the muffler, as the muffler will cool very quick this time of year after you stop the bike.
If your talking about your pipe, you must have hands of steel, as it will heat up in less that a minute, if there is anything wrong or not.

Sorry, what i meant was actually feeling the exhaust coming out of the muffler, the pipe coming from the engine head gets hot, but the exhaust fumes is pretty cool...This could be normal, i dunno, im just curious i guess.

yeh man the fumes do get hot but travling all the way up your pipe.. through your insulated muffler and out onto your hand there not exactly gunna burn you balls off

dw bout it bro if your bikes running abit cool thats a good thing least it isnt over heating ;) who needs an oil cooler when your bikes allready running nice and cool =)

Latest posts

Back