Confused - Need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanisonfire

Reaction score
Hey guys,
ive been wanting to get into dirtbikes for a while now and finally have some money together! now ive been planning on getting the revmx 155z.. but the other day i thought that maybe im too big and i should go for a 'big' bike! so i have been looking in a few stores and just asking them what they recommend for me. (just starting with dirt bikes, 6'1 and weigh around 100kgs) ive ridden plenty of road bikes.. i have my 250cc licence. i will be riding in the pines mainly in WA which is pretty sandy! a guy from honda wanted to sell me a crf230f.. he said a crf250 is too much for me.. and today i spoke to a guy from kawasaki and he thinks i should get a kx450!! they have confused me sooooo much.

so if you guys could let me know what u think and recommend! i know that most guys on here are gonna say pitbike coz its a pitty forum.. but i would really appreciate if the guys who have ridden similar bikes or have alot of experience in the bike scene comment!! as they have experienced both sides

Cheers

Sean

i sat on both bikes and they are big, a bit intimidating.. even for me! lol but that would be something to get used to..

i then went and sat on a kxl140 and it seemed nice! but im worried i might get bored with a smaller bike if i get used to it??

is the 155z engine in the revmx a decent engine? pulls hard? what would its top speed be?

yea man the 155z pulls hard... and if you get bored with it there's no limit to the performance upgrades you can do to it... or you go the 175cc version which will be more than enough for someone starting out... even a 155z is more than enough for a newbie.... there's bore kits to take you to 200cc.... full ball rip your arms off race heads, cams, stroker kits, ignitions .... the list goes on... and the mods are cheap as f@#K for pitbikes

If you like the feel of the klx 140 then you'll like the feel of the revMX...

I can't really comment on bigbikes I've only owned a tt and it sucked....

thanks for the info dvdrip... ive got the money for a revmx now.. if i was gonna get a bigger bike it would be in a couple of months! i spose for 2k i cant really go wrong.. if it bores me so much i can upgrade later! i think it might be a good bike to start with!

now with the smaller tyres.. will i struggle in the pines? (sand)

yep the smaller tires don't do too well in sand or rough surfaces... huge bigbike wheels will always make for an easier ride... that's half the fun of minibikes! they don't handle very well and surfaces that a bigbike rider wouldn't notice can be a huge challenge for a mini.....

probably, i was sand riding the other day (beach port) on some 4x4 tracks and was with my step dad on a 250 whose been riding his whole life my mate on another pitbike and my step bro on a 450 and me and my mate struggled for the first ride with was with out the big bikes but when the big bikes came out we both beat my step dad on the 250 and easily kept up with the 450 and i think this is because we had abit more control over the bike than the big bikes leading there riders... just some food for thought :)

i only had a shitpro xr140 (barly run in and only had a uni and protapers) and my mate had a much older shitpro 150 with IRK uni protapers.

Latest posts

Back