converting manual to semi auto???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
i want to know if its possible to turn a manual engine into a semi auto (pitbike engine) as i need a semi auto engine but finding it hard to find one and thought if its possible to change a manual to a semi auto and it sort of thought well why couldnt you just whack an auto clutch on instead of a manual clutch???

if your wondering why i want a semi over a manual its for a stunter project im making and also making a custom rear hand brake unit so no room clutch....

if you have heard if this being possible please post here or if you now some one who has done or you have tried or whatever just post here

Cheers

well you can convert a semi to manual so im asuming its posible.
Im not sure though.

and the arm that goes from the shift shaft to the center of the clutch and a few other bits that are in that area to. just need a blown motor to get all the parts off it like a pitpro 110 motor..

Last edited:
so does it have to be one of those covers that has a nut on the outside or just a cover that dosent have a clutch cable latch?

so how does say a sme auto lifan 110cc work cos its got the same casing as lifan manual 125cc but with out the clutch latch???

the nut on the outside is, as stated, an adjustment screw. inside the engine, this pushes on a swashplate that presses upon the clutch. this is in replacement of the usual cable operated lever...

when you press the gear shifter, the movement is transfered to the swashplate on the clutch, releasing it for the gear shift.(think crf50 and being able to "ride the clutch" when you put pressure on the shifter without actually changing gears...)

the shifter shaft isnt entirely necessary, but... be prepared for some nasty gearchanges if you dont change it over with everything else... cus the clutch wont be releasing on the changes :eek: and finding neutral/taking off will kill it...

then the biggest question is...will everything change over easily?... cant say ive ever tried...

well came to conlusion its not worth as it will cost bout 100 bucks for the parts unless some one hasthem laying that i could get for cheap

Has anyone done this mod before?

I am wanting to know if I can convert my motovert 125cc engine to semi auto so my daughter can learn to ride so if anyone has done this or knows what is needed can u please help me out

So few questions
What engine is a 125cc oil cooled motovert engine?
The clutch is on the top of the case cover

What is needed to do the mod
Gears?
Clutch
New cover

Here is the engine below

This is the motovert engine below if anyone can tell

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Hey mate.
Thats not a semi auto style motor so unfortunately you wont be able to convert it. The other style of motor with the clutch arm on the front of the motor is the one you need to be able convert it to semi auto.

Latest posts

Back